James Gunn's DC Universe Will Begin With "Young Superman"

Staff member
<p>Two Superman news headlines in one hour! As previously reported by everyone, film director James Gunn, previously responsible for the Guardians of the Galaxy series at Marvel and The Suicide Squad / Peacemaker for DC, has been hired to do basically everything else for DC — a new roadmap that will provide a unified universe to rival that one the Mouse has.</p>

I thought he is the savior I am waiting for to Save DCEU from the current state it is in but here he is making a project that alienates Henry Cavill. He even had Patty Jenkins quit Wonder Woman 3 and it is currently canceled, What the hell is he doing?

She took the kids Ryu
This Instagram post makes me real sad. WBD did him dirty.
1671074140027-jpeg.142308

L

Suddenly I have flashback of the time when Sony and Marvel Screwed over Andrew Garfield. What is with this reboot crazy producers and executives.

Love and Thunder
Cavill was an excellent choice for the role of Superman, but his time in the role was cut short due to poor writing. Cavill can hold his own as an actor in his own right. My guess is that he will eventually become involved in some capacity with Marvel or the new DC Universe in the not-too-distant future. The DC Extended Universe (DCEU) had to end because it had been running for far too long. I am confident that Gunn will do an excellent job with the new DC Universe and, hopefully, revitalize the DC film franchise. The DCEU must be completely relaunched because there is no longer any hope of saving it. They must start from scratch. There had to be some difficult sacrifices made. The saga starring Affleck, Cavill, and Gadot has reached its conclusion. Miller is a foregone conclusion, and Momoa has already been cast as Lobo in the new DC Universe. Batman's role is still up in the air. Regardless of how much Johnson complains about Black Adam in the press and on his various social media platforms, the film is a flop, and there will be no sequels.

They guaranteed him that he would return. He took a break from Witcher to focus on Superman, but he is now back in the role. That is not acceptable in any way. Period. Henry Cavill is far too generous to be unaffected by this situation. For my part, I've completed the DC Extended Universe. The decisions made have all been terrible and do not benefit the fans. I've finished both the DC Extended Universe and the World of Warcraft. The DC Extended Universe has been a chaotic and inept mess since its inception.

Had Warner Brothers taken their time, the DCEU could've rivaled the MCU. Action sequences, casting, costume designs, and visual effects were mostly good. The cinematic universe was rushed and forced to catch up. The DCEU introduced half the Justice League via email and killed Superman in the second film. It's like the MCU introducing The Avengers via email and killing Captain America in the second film. Retconning Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Justice League makes them worse. What was the point of making and watching Snyderverse films if they'll be erased from the timeline? They also need to background check actors they hire so no more Amber Heard and Ezra Miller situation

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
DCEU is punishing Henry Cavill when he did nothing wrong. This blows because he quits Witcher a project he enjoys for this.

I sincerely wished that the Cavill situation had been handled differently. His return should not have been announced if he was not officially in the role, as it appears they did him a complete disservice. I have no doubt that he has shed tears over this circumstance. If he wasn't officially in the role, his return shouldn't have been announced. Imagine if Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans were no longer Iron Man and Captain after the first Avengers film. Obtaining your dream roles as a nerd, only to lose them, must be an incredibly heartbreaking experience. Suppose we lost them. Cavill was, in my opinion, the Flawless choice for the role, and his departure is such a gut-wrenching blow. Henry Cavill's return was the locomotive that propelled my enthusiasm for upcoming DC films, but it has now completely derailed. As a result, it is highly likely that my enjoyment of upcoming films will suffer as a result.