Is the Super Sentai universe in one continuity?

But honestly - Toei just don't give a thing about canon. These guys just tell us - Gokaiger and all Super Sentai and Gavan(and likely other Metal Heroes) are all in one Universe. So let's just believe them.

I agree that all arguments about "canon"/"continuity" are a waste of time (I want to headdesk myself into a coma every time someone brings up the tired old idea that the events of a movie are not "canon to" the TV series unless they are directly referenced in that series.) I prefer to think that all Sentai are set in the same universe and just ignore any contradictions. Others don't. We should just believe whatever we want to, because Toei changes its mind on a whim.

I'm not sure I agree with the "standalone series = creativity!" argument but then creativity is not something that I highly value in Sentai anyway
 
Iirc, Magiranger did it too with that white horse mech that they used in the movie appearing during the show.

Boukenger also used it's movie mech formation, DaiTanken, in a couple of episodes of the show.
Ah I haven't got that far through Magiranger yet, but I completely forgot about the Boukenger one. The Go-Onger one just stuck in my head because they actually follow up the plot and refer to the characters. Nevertheless, it's still a relatively recent development.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top