I am more confuse of the fact he can talk. I mean he is a 4 legged animal.

@JiLLian, yeah Hyenas look like dogs but they are more related to cats. There also an animal called Musa and it looks like a lemur but its a cat.

All along I thought he was a dog because of his wolf like appearance but he is a cat?

I did think he was canine in the original game but I was thinking he was a wolf and not a dog.

It's great that you're curious about this creature! It sounds like it might be a hybrid of both feline and canine traits, perhaps designed that way intentionally by the creators. This could be a nod to the idea that many animals have both feline and canine qualities, and that these traits can coexist in one being. The name "Lab Ratdog" could also be a play on the concept of hybridization and experimentation. However, without more information, it's difficult to say for sure.

It's possible that this creature is meant to be a representation of a fantastical, mythical being that doesn't conform to the traditional norms of either cats or dogs. Perhaps it's meant to challenge our preconceptions about what animals should look like and how they should behave. The name "Lab Ratdog" might also be a commentary on the idea of animal experimentation and manipulation, suggesting that the creature is a product of scientific creation. But again, this is all speculation and we can only know for sure with more information from the creators.

I know in the end though he is feline.