There are times where he reminds me of a Panther or a lion which makes him a cat but there are also times where he looks like a wolf. He have both Feline and Canine features. Or is he something else? I always wanted to ask this because this creature has been confusing me for years. He called himself Lab ratdog but he displays a lot of feline behavior too. Anyone who can clear this up for me?

In the Original Final Fantasy VII I thought he was a dog but he looks more Feline in the remake.

Nomura recently ended the debate once and for all, He said that he is a feline, despite of having the snout of a dog. Kind of like Hyenas, They look like dogs but they are closer to the cat family.

In my head cannon he is neither, he is from a species of animals that only exist in Gaia.

Aerith fanboy
His species may look feline and canine but he is from species that doesn't exist on earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is like a Hyena, Those animals look like dogs but they are actually more related to cats, I gre up thinking they are dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is confirmed to be a cat but with a longer mouth. The Civet cats have super long snouths and they are cats.

He hows like a dog but roars like a Lion. he calls himself a labrat dog in the remake but the producers says he is a cat. They are making me confused.