Is Kamen Rider Kabuto.... Truly the One to Rule Over All?

That's a pretty good way to put it, but I still say the whole thing wasn't as done as well as it could have been. Like, why was Kagami magically the next chosen one? Why didn't they just jump right to Kageyama, who was introduced around that point and was going to get the Zecter anyway? It just feels cheap in retrospect, I think moreso because it was Kagami, the guy everyone was waiting to see turn into a Rider from the get-go. He finally does...and then, he loses it immediately. And he just becomes a "better" Rider later on anyway, so why did we even have that subplot?

Okay, I *guess* people can argue it was a way of showing that Kagami wasn't ready to accept the great responsibility that comes with the great power...but then why is the great power bestowed on a total asshat like Kageyama? Because he can sing the birthday song? :laugh:

With Gatack, there was just so much better progression with that story, and it felt like Kagami really *earned* it, instead of just being the lucky doofus who gets it when it decides to leave Yaguruma, only to lose it next episode because it has virtually no attention span. On that note, I seriously think TheBee Zecter is the true "Hyper" Zecter of the show.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kagami, but like I said before, I think that whole Kagami-becomes-TheBee thing would have been better if he stayed as TheBee longer, or didn't become Gatack. Now, it's like...what if Jiiya becomes Sasword for an episode, just because? Actually, that would be kinda cool!

God, don't you ever read my posts?

For me it worked like things do in life. Kagami fought and fought hard to be his own man and hero and was rewarded with becoming ZaBee. And what happens in real life to some when the receive an award, they take it for granted and then forget what it took for them to get there. He began to rely on Tendou again to be his hero which Tendou had to remind him and we had that road with Kagami to follow to realize once again and more fully this time the hard work that one has to do, to become their own hero.

S'why I'm in love with this show so much because of hits well done character development and stories.

Also, with ZaBee come the responsiblity that you most oppose Kabuto. Kagami didn't randomly lose the power because he chose not to have it, because he didn't want to stand against Tendou in order to become a hero. Instead, he just relinquished the power so that Tendou could be his hero, which disgusted Tendou. And along the way Tendou teaches Kagami the lesson that he must learn... that nobody is coming to save him and that he has to be his own hero.

It is after that that he truely understands, and receives the Gatack powers that do not demand he do anything against his own moral code.. yet.

The Bee went to Kageyama cuz he knew what it took to be his own fighter and hero, but also accepted the responsiblity of standing against Kabuto.
 
Ok I need a good anwser. I am barely became a Kamen Rider fan(I became a kamen rider in 2006 May). I have only watch the show Kamen Rider Kabuto and I have catch up with everybody. I know everything about Kamen Rider series. I know the info of the other series but I have never seen the show. Execpt for Kamen rider faiz, I did'nt really get into it. Do you guys do you guys think Kamen Rider Kabuto is the best series .....so far? :thumbs:

kabuto is one of my favs other than blade

and is the only rider series to have me griped from the start
 
God, don't you ever read my posts?

Yeah, I do actually. And I disagreed. You see it as this great life metaphor, I see it as poorly-planned writing. The whole bloody thread's asking for opinions about Kabuto, so what's the big problem? We disagree, can't we leave it at that?

I made my point, you made yours, I made another one, and you made your counterpoint, I thought "obviously Keith and I don't see eye to eye here, so why not leave it at that?" If you notice I was replying to Xarin's post anyway, so what's with the sudden hostility?
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I do actually. And I disagreed. You see it as this great life metaphor, I see it as poorly-planned writing. The whole bloody thread's asking for opinions about Kabuto, so what's the big problem? We disagree, can't we leave it at that?

I made my point, you made yours, I made another one, and you made your counterpoint, I thought "obviously Keith and I don't see eye to eye here, so why not leave it at that?" If you notice I was replying to Xarin's post anyway, so what's with the sudden hostility?

None meant at all, brother. That was fake overreacting on my part. Apologies if it came off as sincere hostility. I thought my side of it was well said and a good different way at looking at the show and its progression and wanted to see what you thought of it.

When I saw no reaction at all to mine, but a reiteration of what you said before, I just wanted to make sure you saw with I laid down.

My bad, dude... should've put a smilie on that or something. :thumbs:

Cool?
 
::pats JC::

there there now. Not everyone can be as cool and collected as Tendo tries to be. Sometimes we bust down because we have to deal with our own inner Hiyori-Worms.

But dont fret guys, one day, yes one day.. We will look to the skies, and point our fingers at the passing clouds. " As a great man once said ... " A smile splashing across our faces as we bring our hand down and pull out a little red machine . " Henshin .... " We'll quickly place the zecter into our belts and rejoice... as a friend in the background gurgles out " HENSHIN!"

But untill that day comes... Let's just all have a good time. :D

Man. I'm so bored.
 
None meant at all, brother. That was fake overreacting on my part. Apologies if it came off as sincere hostility.

Yeah this hasn't been exactly the greatest week for me, so sorry if I came off more than a little ticked at you. It's cool.

J-Caizer said:
I thought my side of it was well said and a good different way at looking at the show and its progression and wanted to see what you thought of it.

When I saw no reaction at all to mine, but a reiteration of what you said before, I just wanted to make sure you saw with I laid down.

And as I said with Xarin, that's a nice theory/ way of putting it. I've already said what I thought, like, way too many times now. But what the heck, here it is again, based on what you wrote last:

J-Caizer said:
For me it worked like things do in life. Kagami fought and fought hard to be his own man and hero and was rewarded with becoming ZaBee. And what happens in real life to some when the receive an award, they take it for granted and then forget what it took for them to get there. He began to rely on Tendou again to be his hero which Tendou had to remind him and we had that road with Kagami to follow to realize once again and more fully this time the hard work that one has to do, to become their own hero.

The way I saw it, at that point in the series, Kagami had really done nothing other than be Tendou's whipping boy who we see clearly wants to do his part to fight the Worms even if he isn't a Rider, which is admirable. But it feels less like he was rewarded with becoming TheBee than he just got lucky that the writers decided to make Yaguruma go psycho, and even though he initially thought it would be great, he realized the downside when he was forced to choose between his personal beliefs and following ZECT orders. Unless I'm mistaken, that's the episode with the fight that nearly ended with TheBee giving Kabuto a Rider Sting right in the shoulder...but he couldn't go through with actually killing Tendou, who seemed so sure of that fact that he pretty much just stood there and basically took the hit. To me, that was Tendou's way of basically saying "Even if you are a Rider now, you're still just a stooge for ZECT", which is in line with what you said. Kagami wasn't being his own hero, he was just being another ZECT tool like Kageyama pretty much has turned out to be. But...

What I'm saying is, because of the way it went down, it just feels contrived to me. They basically write off one of the best characters in the show, just to give the fans what they've been waiting for, and then they snatch it away the next episode...and on top of that, it feels inconsequential in the end. Kagami eventually becomes Gatack, and now he's picking fights with Tendou left and right. Does it even matter if he ever became TheBee, and Tendou tried to teach him a thing or two? Doesn't really seem like it.

If they had done that same basic story after Kagami became Gatack, with him at first being torn between his personal feelings and his supposed loyalty to ZECT, then I'd totally agree with your take on it, because it would make so much sense to have Tendou do what he did to remind Kagami to be his own hero when he actually *was* his own hero. But as it is, he was just a placeholder for the next 'Bee, and I feel whatever impact the story should have had was lost by the fact that it all happened too quickly and there was all this build-up with the tatoo scene to make you think, "Yeah! Kagami will be TheBee from here on"...only to hastily end it the next episode, and later have Kagami become an all-new Rider anyway.

Which is why again, I'll say this: If he'd been the TheBee for a while longer, or not eventually turned into Gatack, I'd agree with you. But right now, I feel pretty much the same as Sage about that particular subplot. Agree or disagree, either way I'm out of ammo here so I'll just say that, to me, it felt that was one of the weaker parts of the show. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that despite all that I just wrote, you'll still disagree and love that whole storyline, and hey, I'm cool with just that. :thumbs:
 
Last edited:
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that despite all that I just wrote, you'll still disagree and love that whole storyline, and hey, I'm cool with just that. :thumbs:

Pretty much. :thumbs:

I still see it as, maybe it was done on the fly, but in the overall scheme it really worked for me, even and a good life lesson. Where Kagami had the chance to be his own hero and decide what ZaBee would do himself, instead he chose to rely on others and relinquished ZaBee powers. Tendou reminded him time and again that he wasn't there to save Kagami. At first Kagami fought, and fought hard, to show he had the burning spirit to be a Rider and then later lost it went he could just rely on others to be a Rider, but then was shown... that you must be your own hero. In making the ultimate sacrifice, he became Gatack which now seems to even be a part of some bigger plot and conspiracy.

It all works for me and I have to say this is the best Rider series I've seen. Each of the characters are SO iconic and unforgettable.

Anyway, as you said sir... to each his own. Hope things are turning out a little better for ya tho. *salutes*
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top