If we are going to have another animated Final Fantasy movie

You are very much correct my friend, Final Fantasy 7 was a good series in the franchise of FF games. In fact, it's one of my favorite among the whole series from Final Fantasy 1 to Final Fantasy 15. Cloud and Sephiroth duels made it very awesome.
Yes it kind of puts you into same series to that of the "Devil May Cry" franchise. And that means it seems like a pure action chaos. I personally have learned that some of such similar series with duel action plot have it's good and bad sides but these two pretty much kick the stuff.

No, not again, not another animated movie. Animated movies are for kids, fans of the series have grown up and matured if you haven't noticed. You also need to draw the attention of new, possible viewers and animation is not a good choice. You need to look at it from a business point of view.

The trend nowadays is live action movies with tons of fantastic and realistic-looking CG on it. The Marvel movies, X-men, DC etc. Just make sure you cast great and well-established actors, a well-written script and a competent marketing team. I assure you it would be a blockbuster.

Just my two cents, peace!
Then you should not be playing games because games are a form of Animation. Anime is not just for kids, There is an anime Genre for all ages. Shounen and Shoujo for children. Seinen and Shoujo for adults. Then there is Hentai for perverts.

Animation is a better choice because if you make an adaptation the characters will look like themselves. Also Hollywood is known to be racist and most Final Fantasy characters are visually Asians. Marvel Cinematic Universe is Trash. They ruined the characters from the source material and tone it down for fragile casuals who won't read comics.

Most Final Fantasy characters are young adults and and teens. Hollywood loves casting actors on their 30's and 40's.

I have the exact same feelings about animated movies as you do. I don't see them as stuffs adults should be looking at having, especially when there are far more better options available. Animated movies are children stuffs, I'm not saying it's not fun but we have out grown it.
Why are you playing Final Fantasy then if you think Animation is for kids?. I might be a jerk but I call out people who are being bigger jerks. Animation is not just for kids, It is a flexible art form that transcends generations.

Are you even Final Fantasy fans? real fans will prefer Animation.

I work as an Animator for Disney so I am going to be defensive for my bread and butter.

Then you should not be playing games because games are a form of Animation. Anime is not just for kids, There is an anime Genre for all ages. Shounen and Shoujo for children. Seinen and Shoujo for adults. Then there is Hentai for perverts.

Animation is a better choice because if you make an adaptation the characters will look like themselves. Also Hollywood is known to be racist and most Final Fantasy characters are visually Asians. Marvel Cinematic Universe is Trash. They ruined the characters from the source material and tone it down for fragile casuals who won't read comics.

Most Final Fantasy characters are young adults and and teens. Hollywood loves casting actors on their 30's and 40's.

I highly respect your opinion, and I do agree with your point that animation is not just for kids. I, myself watch anime every once in a while.

But the thing that you have to realize is producing movies is a business, it requires a lot of capital and marketing to succeed. You need to look at it from a business point of view. It needs to make money. Square Enix never created Final Fantasy for free, same with them creating another movie, and they need to make money out of it. It needs to adapt to change.

For example, the God of War franchise. The new release adapted the new game mechanics same as The Last of Us and Uncharted. It's not a hack and slash game anymore.

Marvel movies might be trash for you, but they produce series after series after series of them because it is profitable. They shy away from the original story based on the comic books, only because it has to relate with current times.

Why are you playing Final Fantasy then if you think Animation is for kids?. I might be a jerk but I call out people who are being bigger jerks. Animation is not just for kids, It is a flexible art form that transcends generations.

Are you even Final Fantasy fans? real fans will prefer Animation.

I work as an Animator for Disney so I am going to be defensive for my bread and butter.

Watching an animated movie is different from playing it as a game in my opinion, they are not the same in my book. Even though you work as an Animator in Disney, it still doesn't change my opinion on this and for the record, don't use the word jerk on me ever again.

To the people who prefers Live action... that is a foolish opinion for one reason. Final Fantasy is Japanese and every Japanese content Hollywood touched turned into crap like Dragon Ball, Death Note and Ghost in the shell. Video game live action movies also have bad reputation. Animation is the only acceptable option because it can give justice to the fanbase better. Real Final Fantasy fans prefers movies like Advent children.

To the 2 people who looks down on Animation. Final Fantasy is Animation, It is an interactive Japanese Anime.

A live action Final Fantasy movie won't make money because adaptation of Japanese content made by America is always destroyed by fandom and critics.

Administrator
Staff member
Watching an animated movie is different from playing it as a game in my opinion, they are not the same in my book. Even though you work as an Animator in Disney, it still doesn't change my opinion on this and for the record, don't use the word jerk on me ever again.
Final Fantasy is an Animation. Video games are animations you can play. It is like saying the fanbase of Final Fantasy are kids. There are many Animations created for adults.

Final Fantasy is an Animation. Video games are animations you can play. It is like saying the fanbase of Final Fantasy are kids. There are many Animations created for adults.

Not basically calling Final Fantasy fans kids, but was trying to say that to me, watching an animated movie is different from playing an animated game, there is a difference between the two of them for me and that is not a harmful opinion to have as regards to animation. It doesn't certainly warrant being called a jerk, I'm really pissed about that but for the respect for the forum rules, I'm trying very hard to keep calm.

Administrator
Staff member
I definitely wanted an adaptation of an older game. I think Final Fantasy 4 will make a great shounen anime.

I am keen on seeing a crossover where all heroes are going to team up. I also won't mind and anime adaptation. I don't like the idea of a live action because Japanese property should never be touched by Hollywood again. I am still having nightmares from Dragonball Evolution and Resident evil movies. Japanese properties should stay with Japanese hands.