I know we are promised to have 3 parts only and each part may get a dlc. Are really going to have three parts only? I would have like to see at least two more. I want to see content beyond Advent children. I want some kind of a direct sequel after the 3 episodes. I know I am being Greedy but the world of Gaia have more stories to tell. I do not think I can cut my connections with these characters after part 3. I want to see more.

Aerith fanboy
I want to see more parts too,However, they are forced to create new material as they go since they are no longer obligated to the original game. I will say they seem to have a far more clear version for the VII remake than they did for their previous several Final Fantasy games. I believe they have things planned out to fully commit to three games.

FF VII Remake part 1 is like a full retelling already. Despite being the initial game, it only tells the first 10% to 15% of the original plot.

It appears that Square-Enix will publish more content for its own stand-alone games. You must understand that Square-Enix has been rather silent regarding when we will be seeing part 2, so as the release date of part 2 draws near, the community will be provided with more information regarding how the upcoming releases will function. I believe we will have three parts.

They did, I think, confirm the trilogy, but I also got the impression that they stated something to the effect that moving forward, the game wouldn't exactly resemble the original, and to expect additional modifications. Who knows, then?

They must nonetheless promote what they can.

The original 1997 Playstation game will be recreated in a (perhaps three-part) series, with Ff7 remake serving as the initial entry. The game will take you between 30 and 50 hours to finish if you finish most of the side missions, with certain endgame and dlc content adding a few additional hours. . . . Game is good overall, and more will be added.

Pug

I want more than three parts but I will let the Og story to be fully adapted first before I request new content.