How Would You Improve... World of Warcraft?

Keith Justice

New Member
Got a friend who's in a position to drop some suggestions Blizzard's way and they just might actually listen.

He wants to know how WoW could be improved. I don't play the game, but I said a cheap or totally free single player mode to integrate a player into the game and then have an Oblivion like experience. For more stuff they could play and maybe have different tiers of MMO interactivity.

Potentially then they could get even more subscribers who may be too intimidated by the game to really get into it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Lies. Somehow I doubt he has any other means (that fans already dont have) to influence Blizzard to change any set ups.

1. Intimidation? Come ON Caizer sir. There's nothing intimidating about this game. Pick a PvE server and have at it. You can play the entire game solo if you want. There's nothing to intimidate you in this game. It's extremely fun, easy to learn, and you pick it up quite easily.

2. As for dropping suggestions: Has your friend tried the WoW Message Boards? Blizz staff constantly reads the message boards and even assign community managers to reply and answer questions. In fact there's a message board there called "SUGGESTIONS" where fans can suggest their ideas to help improve the game.

Example: In the beginning of the game there was one autcion house on eadh faction. An [AH] in Orgrimmar and one in IronForge. (Org is Orc city. Iron is Dwarf city.) Fans suggested that Blizz should add more AHs in other towns and have them connected. Because everyone was piling up on one AH and it caused huge lag. Bad problem. So they did.

Example: In the past there was no way to see what a piece of armor looked like on your character until you had equipped it. This was a problem for the players who didnt want to look like complete crap. You might see a Cape that's called "Tigerstrike Mantle" and the icon of the cape shows a Tiger Striped orange cape. It's a "Rare" cape on sale! So you think "wow! It has to look like that! Why would they make this a rare cape, give it a kewl name, and a kewl new icon if it didnt look that way?". You equip the cape and sure enough, it didnt look a THING like the icon nor anything special. It looked like a normal cape. You wasted your money. Now the cape is Bound to you and you can no longer give it away or sell it on the Auction House. You have to trash it or sell it at the Store for pennies.

Blizzard listened to the complaints and added in a feature where players can now preview all armor and weapons on their character by "Crtl" clicking on the item.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I'm sorry I don't mean to dog your friend. I'm sure he might be telling the truth. But Blizzard already listens so much to the fans, I highly doubt his "letter" will make it. Not to mention, if he simply looks on the General Discussion forums at WorldofWarcraft.com he will see hundreds of topics describing various problems of WoW and what could be improved. He simply has to look.

But even so it's still the best MMO out there with the most subscribers.

=-=-=--==-=-=--=
my suggestions?

Don't know. I would say add new classes. Make Epic Mounts cheaper. Provide more ways to make money in the game besides "farming". Maybe more 5 man content instead of new raid dungeons. A druid Healing form would be good. Like the Balance Tree Moonkin form but maybe a serpent form that's good for healing.

But that's about to be fixed too. The expansion comes out in a matter of months and players will be able to level up to 70, explore a whole new world, flying mounts, new dungeons for all types of players, two new races, brand new low level areas. New professions, it's amazing.

An offline game of WoW? They could probably do that but it seems pointless. If you want to play a one player game, there's hundreds of RPGs to choose from on the PS2 and PS1. No point in playing WoW at all if you want a one player experience.

But for anyone who has actually played it, no. There's no intimidation at all. It's a very easy and simple game. You can learn it within minutes. Just got to make your character and get started.
 
Free.

...freeeeeee....

If they make the game free, then they'd make more sales off the people who buy it, now wouldn't they?
 
KamenRiderRyuki said:
Free.

...freeeeeee....

If they make the game free, then they'd make more sales off the people who buy it, now wouldn't they?

They're making so much money off subscribers every month its unbelievable.
 
WoW was too monotonous for me when I played. As opposed to Guild Wars, I never felt like I was doing anything interesting in the world.

Still, I haven't played since, and I won't pick up a new MMO unless there's a way for me to try it. So my big suggestion would be to implement 14 day trials.
 
opposed to Guild Wars? You mean Guild Wars wasnt monotonous? I felt that way with Guild Wars. I just couldnt get into that game. Warcraft gives you plenty of interesting things to do. The quests really give you a sense of the story and the lore. Sure a lot of them are "collect this for me" but that's to help you level. Not just to make you do boring tasks all day.

It really depends I suppose.

KamenRiderRyuki said:
If they make the game free, then they'd make more sales off the people who buy it, now wouldn't they?

Not really. They already have over 6 million subscribers. Unlike games like FF11 and Lineage 2 which have only a million or so.

Making it free would really handicap their cash inflow atm. They would be relying on sales alone but a lot of people have already bought the game. It's the subscriptions that Blizz makes its money from at the moment
 
I don't play WoW, And I've recently neglected my GuildWars.

But. A bad suggestion would be to make it free. Maybe cheaper, and allowing the veteran users to go for free for a small amount of time(half of however many hours they paid and used)
Making it free would do two things, the amount of profit would increasingly decrease until people pick up copies to play. Second, it would piss off so many veteran players who paid alot already, to see a cheap bastard come in and own the game in a matter of days, without every paying.
As for being Monotonous. Guildwars is in fact guilty. However, that's why we have factions. To add a bit of asian spice. Can't wait for the chapters 3+4. The GuildWars team have split in two, to make two expansions/chapters a year. YAY!

North African Themed GuildWars!
 
Not lies.. my friend's not a fan or gamer really. He's an entepernuer and has been able to bring his ideas to companies in the past to make changes or improvements.

He's a man of no small power, and happens to be in a position to maybe do some stuff with Blizzard.

So, if you got the ideas, lay 'em down and maybe you'll see them come to live in WoW down the road.
 
GrnPsychoGarren said:
opposed to Guild Wars? You mean Guild Wars wasnt monotonous? I felt that way with Guild Wars. I just couldnt get into that game. Warcraft gives you plenty of interesting things to do.

I felt exactly the opposite, personally. Guild Wars right from the start was about saving the world, WoW at the start was about beating up cattle. I dunno, I'm trying WoW again, so we'll see how it feels.
 
VengeanceGOD said:
WoW at the start was about beating up cattle.

Well it starts off like that. Every hero has humble beginnings. How can you save the world as a level 5 monk? As you get into the large Quest chains you get into a nice story. The lore and history of the world in WoW is large. There are tons of different story threads moving in the game. By the time you hit the end of the game it's all about saving the world from the end game bosses. The newest threat to the world is the Scourge Lich lord Kel'Thuzard. (or what not.) There's Hakkar and his troll followers. Ragnaros the fire lord. The world dragons who are just massive and insane.

Then there's always PvP to make things exciting. The ongoing battle between Horde and Alliance. Good and Evil. Im more of a PvE (less pvp) player myself. But if you want more excitement try a PvP server. You will end up looking over your shoulder more often for Horde/Alliance scum that cross your path but at least you are more active in a war and feel as though you are battling to save your nation or something.

Check out this short Warcraft Video!. It gets ya kinda excited about the world.

WoW has it's faults. It's not perfect. But you know I had the best time of my life leveling to 60 on that game. The story is nice, the game is simple to get into, and there's so much history going on.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top