Matrix of Leadership
How is it?

Yes I know, one of my "How is this" or "How is that" threads. Dudes and dudetes.....it annoys me too.

But I am downloading the damn trial and its taking forever. Why you may ask. Pure boredness and I want to see if it is actually fun.

What yall think? I heard its super addicting?

Banned
How is it?

Yes I know, one of my "How is this" or "How is that" threads. Dudes and dudetes.....it annoys me too.

But I am downloading the damn trial and its taking forever. Why you may ask. Pure boredness and I want to see if it is actually fun.

What yall think? I heard its super addicting?

The trial shows you exactly what you get. WoW Goes like this.
1. Do quests till you level
2. Repeat 1 over and over and over
3. do some "Trade skills" that haven't been relevant to the over all game in years.
4. See 1 and 2

WoW is fun at first. I played it in the old days of the game. I also played Burning Crusade. Those, even with the grind, were kinda fun. But Lich King... Just took all the fun away.

Super Moderator
It's definitely a lot more fun with friends who are playing it with you, because leveling you characters can be a grind to do. I've played on and off since beta all the way to Lich King. It's been a couple of years since I've played and I'm debating whether I should pick it up again for Cataclysm.

You can certainly solo for the first few levels, but definitely find a guild, if you can't find friends to play with you, that is fun to be in and willing to go through all the end game stuff with you. Doing dungeon runs using pick-up-groups can be tedious, so it's best to find people you can mesh with.

I personally think the story is engaging so I play on the Normal servers instead of the PvP servers. If you do enjoy PvP a lot, then just leveling and grinding for Battlegrounds could be a lot of fun.

I dunno... despite what people say, I really enjoyed playing WoW. I just have to be careful how addicting it can be because some quests and dungeon runs are never "Oh... lemme just finish this real quick" kind of thing. Time management is definitely a plus.

Banned
It's definitely a lot more fun with friends who are playing it with you, because leveling you characters can be a grind to do. I've played on and off since beta all the way to Lich King. It's been a couple of years since I've played and I'm debating whether I should pick it up again for Cataclysm.

You can certainly solo for the first few levels, but definitely find a guild, if you can't find friends to play with you, that is fun to be in and willing to go through all the end game stuff with you. Doing dungeon runs using pick-up-groups can be tedious, so it's best to find people you can mesh with.

I personally think the story is engaging so I play on the Normal servers instead of the PvP servers. If you do enjoy PvP a lot, then just leveling and grinding for Battlegrounds could be a lot of fun.

I dunno... despite what people say, I really enjoyed playing WoW. I just have to be careful how addicting it can be because some quests and dungeon runs are never "Oh... lemme just finish this real quick" kind of thing. Time management is definitely a plus.

Sounds like you haven't played it in a while. They have a system now that benefits you for doing random heroics with PUG's. There are also very very few quests that you can't solo. There are a few quests that are harder, but you only need like one other person for them. Blizzard cut the difficulty of WoW down big time. I soloed a lock from 1-58 only doing certain randoms for dungeons a few times. A friend of mine soloed a warrior from 1-40 never even needing help.

Webslinger
I took a huge break from the game because of work and school but I have recently got back into it. It's actually an alright game and yes it is very addicting. But here's some advice, the game is a lot of fun if you're playing with friends and make sure that you don't go overboard if you do get addicted.

P.S. Wow Cataclysm, aka the newest expansion, is gonna come out before this year is over. Just giving you a heads up on the news if you do enjoy the game :)

In Justice, We Trust!
Matrix, I got a trial pass if you need one from buying Starcraft 2.

Hit me up with a Pm, and you can have them. :)

Zodasaur
Matrix, I got a trial pass if you need one from buying Starcraft 2.

Hit me up with a Pm, and you can have them. :)

Infinite trials are free. You only want to use someone Else's trial if you want to grand them a free month of playtime and an exclusive mount.

It's over 8,000!
I'm not for World of Warcraft because it ruins great storytelling. It just pleases the non-fans. If you don't know or like Warcraft, you'll fit in well.
I recommend the first games and Warcraft 3 for your main game. Warcraft 3 is fun and it's not too much like one of those games you feel you need to play all the time.

Banned
I'm not for World of Warcraft because it ruins great storytelling. It just pleases the non-fans. If you don't know or like Warcraft, you'll fit in well.
I recommend the first games and Warcraft 3 for your main game. Warcraft 3 is fun and it's not too much like one of those games you feel you need to play all the time.

That sounds more like you are saying only elitist fans of the original games won't like WoW. I have news for you, a lot and I do mean A LOT of the people playing WoW started with the original WC game.