Hi, I'm new here and new to Anime

Forever Knight

Eye See You
Alright so after watching the majority of The Guyver: Bioboosted Armor series and falling in fucking love with it. I may need some more Anime.

I need something that follows the lines of dark, dramatic, and serious tone just like the aforementioned series did.

Preferably if there is a henshin hero involved and english dub is good too. I'm not in the mood to read subs unless it's Tokusatsu at this point.

The only other anime I've watched was Macross, one of the Gundam movies, and a Vampire Hunter D movie.

I like Gundam. Can someone direct me there first with the darkest series?. I like moody ****.

Thanks, guys.
 
Zeta was hardcore moody. Not to mention the great song GACKT did for Zeta, "Metamorphoze".

How about Gundam OO?
 
I've never seen it personally, but Evangelion from what i hear can be quite moody.

Evangelion is a freaking acid trip.

now on to "dark" dubbed series:

Getter Robo Armageddon about as dark as a super robot show can get.

Apocalyse Zero: The man guy looks like a Kamen Rider but I gotta warn ya the character designs are kinda weird/bad

Casshern Sins

Blassreiter

Violence Jack

Demon Lord Dante*atleast I think it's dubbed*

Devil Lady* contains LOTS of yuri so if that's not your thing...and it's way different from the manga*

Blue Gender

maybe dark:

Witchblade

Kikader
 
Alright so after watching the majority of The Guyver: Bioboosted Armor series and falling in fucking love with it. I may need some more Anime.

I need something that follows the lines of dark, dramatic, and serious tone just like the aforementioned series did.

Preferably if there is a henshin hero involved and english dub is good too. I'm not in the mood to read subs unless it's Tokusatsu at this point.

The only other anime I've watched was Macross, one of the Gundam movies, and a Vampire Hunter D movie.

I like Gundam. Can someone direct me there first with the darkest series?. I like moody ****.

Thanks, guys.
You like dark and moody ****?...Hm...

It's not really a series. It once aired on Adult Swim an entire October on Saturday. It's a CG movie called Kakurenbo. Pretty freaky ****.

Edit: lol wrong coding.
 
Last edited:
Well like someone else said NGE is a mind trip on acid... BUT A GOOD ONE!

If you one a dark, violent, dramatic serious tones, then I highly recommend HELLSING ULTIMATE, which is sometimes referred to as the HELLSING OVA. You can try the original anime series, which lightly touches upon the Hellsing universe, but the OVA which follows the manga truthfully and thus very awesome. There is a dubbed version of HELLSING ULTIMATE and is really good, but Geneon Entertainment recently went under so after episode 3 there is no dubbed version. But don't lose hope because Funimation is set to release the rest next year.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top