HBO Max’s Close Enough Returns April 7

Staff member
If everything had gone according to plan, the animated comedy Close Enough would have premiered on TBS…in 2017. That was when creator JG Quintel (Regular Show) and his crew put together a reel of random scenes from proposed storylines and presented it to TBS execs, who greenlit the series for production. But for reasons that have never been revealed, the series never moved forward at TBS. It wasn’t until the birth of HBO Max that Close Enough was revived and completed, and it’s treated today as an HBO Max original, even though the first season still has “TBS” on it for some reason.
If you’ve seen Regular Show, then you know what to expect from this: ordinary situations that become wild and crazy within minutes. It’s a winning formula that still works, even if the base scenario now is a bit more grounded than talking animals taking orders from a living gumball machine. Josh and Emily are thirtysomething parents living in a cramped apartment in LA (based on Quintel’s own first...

Continue reading...

This excites me tremendously. Most people were completely unaware of it, which is unfortunate. However, this show is a lot of fun. After a lengthy wait, the third season is finally here. TBS reruns, thankfully, helped the sitcom gain traction. Personally, I believe it should have premiered on TBS, but hey, at least we'll get a third season.

I've been watching Close Enough on TBS for both seasons, but I didn't realize season 3 was due out this year.
What a pleasant surprise!
I'm looking forward to next month because I want to watch it again!
Season 3 should hopefully air on TBS as well but if it wont I will subscribe to HBO Max.

Yes! A third season was something I was hoping for. After season 2, I was beginning to believe it had been canceled. Josh's Mordecai Halloween costume is fantastic. For Close Enough, they're heading to another regular show reference.