HalloweeN Trailer!!!1 VIVA ROB ZMOBIE!!!!

For the most part I agree with Bolt that the revelling in violence and gore in today's so-called horror movies is just a rehash typically lacking in coherent story-telling and certainly failing to create suspense. I do disagree that the trend in Asian horror, at least the films made in Asia, was bad. My reason is that those films instead of relying on gore, buckets of fake blood and cgi wizardry attempt to create an atmosphere and build suspense, granted a lot of films did not do this well and too many films attempted to just copy the formula in Ringu but I find these attempts at telling a story & trying to create an atmosphere and building suspense a more enjoyable watch then another story-less, soul-less hollywood gore-fest about a maniac on a killing spree.
 
So he molests that poor rat, snaps and becomes a psychopath.

Man Peta is Not going to be happy.

eh... I can see why they have to d a reboot for the series but I'm probably not going to go see this. I liked the original series because they were so hysterical to watch and riff but this just looks like its taking things too seriously for my tastes.
 
Barom 1 said:
I do disagree that the trend in Asian horror, at least the films made in Asia, was bad.

True, but I meant Asian-style horror applied to Hollywood; movies with creepy little ghost children that whisper a lot. While there are a ton of great Japanese and Korean (even a few Thai) ghost movies, the ones made here to capitalize on their success were more obviously a trend, whereas the horror genre in Asia has always consisted mostly of angry-ghost stories. It wasn't culture clash, it was just lack of inspiration and talent.
 
To be honest after watching about a quarter of the Ring remake I gave up on bothering with any of the hollywood attempts at Asian-style horror with the exception of the 1st Grudge which I let slide because Shimizu Takashi directed it.

Seems hollywood's now moving on to other Asian film genres with the remake of My Sassy Girl that is in production and Lake House which was a remake of Il Mare(시월애). Exactly what we need more poorly done, badly cast remakes of films that had nothing wrong with them to begin with. Maybe next hollywood can show their lack of talent by making some more remakes of old tv shows, how about a BJ & the Bear movie or perhaps Maude or maybe the Facts of Life.
 
I'll end up seeing it just because I'm still a huge fan of the original, but why August and not October?
 
You know, I have to think that no gorefest remake will ever live up to the original, which had nearly no blood but is one of the most frightening movies ever. Carpenter crafted one of the most suspense-laden, chilling horror films of all time. I'm willing to give RZ a chance, but I haven't been fond of his other torture-based/sympathize-with-the-killer gore-o-rama flicks.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top