Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle

I'm convinced that this really is what Toei thinks. So, they're putting some of Ishinomori's most prominent non-Rider creations into the big 40th Anniversary movie to remind people that they exist and gauge potential audience interest in them.

Rumors started going around the time W was wrapping up (if memory serves) that Toei wanted to see if it could resurrect another one of the old Ishinomori properties, possibly for films or to create another Rider-like franchise.

I would definitely go for a Kikaider reboot.
 
I still think Super Sentai and Kamen Rider should stay in their own anniversary movies. they shouldn't be crossed over at all. if they want to put them together just because of Toei 60th Anniversary, then film another anniversary movie.
 
I just think screentime in a movie called SENTAI 199 HEROES should instead be used by Sentai characters, which there's a lot of friggin' Sentai characters and things are already going to be crammed. Just as I think a movie called LET'S GO KAMEN RIDER shouldn't waste time with pointless appearances by random Ishimori characters. Let Sentai celebrate its 35th, let Kamen Rider celebrate its 40th. No need for pointless crossoverin' that adds nothing to either movie, and just turns 'em into little more than one of the live stage shows. Toei has the resources to make a separate Ishimori Smash Brothers movie if they want.

On one hand, I agree with Shougo about mixing Rider and Sentai for the anniversary movies. It's always cool mixing Riders and Sentai, but they're already mixing all the Riders and all the Sentai teams together for one film each. That's a lot of characters for the Rider movie and a freakin ton of characters for the Sentai movie. Some of the Riders and Sentai aren't getting a lot of screentime as it is (probably any original actors that can be brought back will insure more screentime for the corresponding characters :castlerock:) so mixing them probably squander the screentime more.

On the other hand...What sane member of this board wouldn't be ecstatic about a film mixing all the Riders and Sentai teams? :castlerock: :buttrock: :castlerock: :buttrock: That would be beyond awesome. Yeah, some Riders and Sentai would get the shaft, but how can you find fault in that?

Yeah, a Rider/Sentai team-up is so awesome it would be best to save it for when we're not having the awesomeness of all the Riders and Sentai back, but we would also not get Kamen Rider Ichigō and Akaranger together, or any other Rider/Sentai team-ups (like the airing buddies, like Kabuto with Boukenger). All in all, I think, I wouldn't like the Riders/Sentai just shoehorned into a cameo in the other's anniversary film, but if it was just one big anniversary meant to mix them all, then the only right response would be "HECK YEAH"! :castlerock: :laugh:

http://www.toei.co.jp/release/movie/1195114_979.html

It looks like the release date would be further postponed due to the Earthquake & Tsunami.

Again, if it helps the cast and crew, fine by me, just as long as everyone is okay.

The two movies also celebrates Toei's 60th anniversary, which is why they're having the Kikaider Brothers, Inazuman, & Zubat make an appereance. Not to mention by themselves, they won't be able to get the newer fans interested. Since that was before their time.

I know I said I wouldn't approve Sentai cameoing in the Rider film or vice versa, but they have their own films to play in. The Kikaider Brothers, Inazuman, & Zubat don't have that chance, so it's nice that they get a chance to return as well. It would've been cooler if they had a separate film to appear, with an older Sentai team and Rider to join them, but Wing Saber is right; it would be a risk for Toei to bring them back alone when they already have two big films coming up that I will bet anything cost a ton to make, at least in relation to their normal one Sentai team/Rider films or crossovers (you need 199 stunt people to fill those 199 suits). I'm glad Toei chose the Rider film to feature these less popular (though equally awesome :buttrock:) heroes. Probably was a "duh" decision considering we got only 26 Riders compared to Sentai's so crazy huge it's part of the title number. Of course, there may be more Riders, like the secondary ones, I'm just going by the pictures I've seen (I got 26 by counting the series, counting the first series twice for two Riders, the Shin, J, and ZO film, and the ZX special).

As for who the 200th hero for the Sentai film, I think it would be the one episode X1 Mask. It'd be cool and this seems to be the year to bring back old heroes, so it's possible. :)

Edit: I just checked, the Rider and Sentai films aren't being released concurrently. Rider is coming a month (well, now longer) before Sentai. I don't who thought otherwise, I just wanted to let them know.
 
Last edited:
now I'm terrible with franchises but isn't the metal heroes created Toei... wouldn't they be added into the sentai anniversary...or is the whole Kikader(sp?) metal heroes


sorry I only know of Gavan
 
now I'm terrible with franchises but isn't the metal heroes created Toei... wouldn't they be added into the sentai anniversary...or is the whole Kikader(sp?) metal heroes


sorry I only know of Gavan

Nope they're not, in fact Kikaider & the others was before the Metal Hero Series.
 
Hearing that the premiere date is being postponed really changes everything for the planned Gokaiger movies. I have the feeling that this movie may have to be the summer movie to join with the Kamen Rider OOO movie because that your only locked date right now. Other than that, I do not know what'll happen now that this movie has been pushed back because of the Earthquake.

But moving it to August 6, 2011 could be another problem because all Sentai summer movies are supposed to be about 30-45 minutes and I believe that this film is set for a hour and the summer Rider Movie is set for a hour. So what that leave is what will the fate now be for this big movie. I don't have any suggestions except hoping that they'll resume filming when they can.
 
Toei's also run by cowards who are convinced that their audience has the attention span of a particularly short-lived species of fruit fly. The company may have the resources to revive the other Ishinomori heroes separately, but it doesn't have the guts.

I think that's pretty much it. They might have wanted to ressurect the heroes, but don't want to make a 3rd series running alongside Sentai and Rider, so they're just going to use them under the Rider umbrella.

Kikaider apparently isn't only going to be in this movie, he's also getting added to Ganbaride, so, that seems to indicate these shows will be explored as part of Kamen Rider from now on, rather than standalone series.

I don't have any suggestions except hoping that they'll resume filming when they can.

It might be moved for only one or two weeks though. Wasn't a comment posted about how they're going to restart shooting the tv shows soon? I don't see why the movie would need to stop for longer.
 
I think that's pretty much it. They might have wanted to ressurect the heroes, but don't want to make a 3rd series running alongside Sentai and Rider, so they're just going to use them under the Rider umbrella.

Kikaider apparently isn't only going to be in this movie, he's also getting added to Ganbaride, so, that seems to indicate these shows will be explored as part of Kamen Rider from now on, rather than standalone series.

A while back, Toei made a Hakaider movie and it didn't do well. So having Kikaider & the others under the Rider umbrella will insure that they won't be forgotten again.
 
They might have wanted to ressurect the heroes, but don't want to make a 3rd series running alongside Sentai and Rider, so they're just going to use them under the Rider umbrella.

Part of me wonders if it's a timeslot issue-- basically, Toei not being able to interest TV networks in giving them more timeslots for live-action programming outside of Super Hero Time. Certainly Ultraman seems to have a hard time securing favorable timeslots on a regular basis.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top