Gokaiger Goseiger Super Sentai 199 Hero Great Battle

Those were just randoms voicing them, not Mako or Tori.

It could've also been archive recordings. I'm sure they recorded a lot of grunts and "hiyahs" for their series. The "random person voicing them" is also a good theory. No offense to either, but how hard can it be to imitate someone grunting. Just my thoughts. I'm inclined to think it's a mix, with someone standing in for Mako (I swear I keep thinking about ShinkenPink seeing that name), but Toru, and the other Shinkengers (including the other Mako :laugh:) are their real actors.

I say this because the Gokaiger were in Goseiger vs. Shinkenger. My (admittedly thin) logic that, for Gokaiger to have all the old suits and characters, they need to know about it while making Goseiger vs. Shinkenger. They were probably able to save the audio for the Legend War.

What I completely in love with this movie is how Toei put so much attention to details and presences; which is something that Kamen Rider Decade should have done in his movies.. and no, I'm not comparing, nor Onore-Decade-ing -_-. And also, I'm not talking about the money they've spent to get the original actors back.

Especially during the post-super sentai war, where everybody laid down to the ground, stood up and help each other. We can see the civilian forms of Ginga Red, AbaRed, KuwagaRaiger, Hurricane Yellow, Go Yellow, Magi Pink, GekiBlue, GekiYellow, Gao White, and DekaGreen in the background.
I know that they're extras dressed as them (or perhaps not at all) since that it was shot in far distance. But the presence is all that matters, and at least it creates a thought that they are there, lost their powers, and reverted back to their civilian forms.

The voice actors during the war was outstanding too.
I know that most of them are not voiced with their original actors (I'm not included those who are voiced with their original actors like AkaRanger, BigOne, RyuRanger, etc), but they put authenticity in their voices similar to the original characters. I can hear that they are trying really hard to match their voice with the originals.

Attention to technical & post-production detail is awesome too.
They have learned so much from GaoRanger VS Super Sentai about using the old footage to the new one, which looks so contrast and awkward at the same time for continuity.
In this movie, they are still using the footages from the old series somehow.. But they took a lot of effort (although not as great, but not bad at all) in remastering, color-correcting & fitting the footage's aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9. Especially during the Robo/Zords battle, noticeably in BattleFever Robo & DaiBouken and also RV Robo & Engine-Oh's finishing moves. Moreover, some of them are not in CG/footage stocks, which makes it much better.

It's hard to find the weakness of this movie; I know there are fews, but it's still very hard to figure for me. I love the effort they made for this movie to become a truly anniversary-worthy-within-limitations movie.

It's 4.5/5 from me. I shed tears during the zord's battle.

I didn't see the whole film yet :castlerock:, only parts, but you got a lot of good points. The mecha battle was epic. and the mix of some of the mecha with others was pretty darn good. I was surprised at how many old suits got new footage (pretty sure I saw Gogo V's mecha there). I could tell which ones were just pictures and which were real, but I'm gonna give Toei a break since it's harder to redo foam and plastic suits than Spandex and cloth. (Granted, 200 spandex suits is nothing to sneer at, but those would probably get more used than mecha suits.)

The Legend War was awesome and, surprisingly, upped it past episode 1. Also, the returning Legends got a fair amount of screentime for basically a Gokaiger vs. Goseiger film. Granted, there were those who only appeared in the white light power giving scene, but they got the lines while the ones with more screentime elsewhere just nodded, so it even it out pretty good.

As for the detail thepan mentioned, about some of the Warriors in the background during the Goseiger waking up. Normally, I hate recasting and the way the Changeman were treated in the scene where Basco stole his power was one of Gokaiger's very few lowpoints, but it worked here. It definitely expanded the scene from just seeing 10 warriors in previews. It would've been nice to see their faces, even just a second, but that's just nitpicking on my part. Toei has been doing good at getting past characters back, Changeman notwithstanding, and definitely did good here.

This bit probably has to do with me seeing this film after he was introduced, but I definitely missed Gai here. I think we can guess how he would've reacted in the movie. It was just weird not having him there, and I admit I wasn't fond of him at first. Him being there for a second at the end would've definitely been a nice teaser for those watching when it came out. It sure as heck didn't give anything away. Judging from that cameo, I would've sworn GokaiSilver (didn't even give a clue of Gai's name) would've been serious like the rest of the crew (minus Don :laugh:)

Finally (since I didn't see the whole film), I think they filmed part of the movie at the same time as the first Gokaiger episode (leading credence that all the real Shinkenger actors were able to play a part in Gokaiger. To those who saw the ending song (awesomeness), try and find those clips here (hint: they're the ones with Gokaiger in the shots, unlike the Legend War):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LneSuRhxJAo&list=PL4BCA43EA46F10858&index=132&feature=plpp_video"]??????? ?????? ????? - YouTube[/ame]
 
another thing about this movie is that liked the way how the goseigers were really bad ass about getting their rangers keys back
 
another thing about this movie is that liked the way how the goseigers were really bad ass about getting their rangers keys back

I agree, though not just about how they got their ranger keys. The Goseigers came off looking awesome throughout the entire movie, especially GoseiRed. I didn't watch Goseiger past the 1st episode, and I came off with the impression that GoseiRed was a total wuss. After watching this movie, I'm thinking of going back and giving it a second chance.

I also liked how it had the Gokaigers and Goseigers teaming up to beat the Super Sentai constructs, rather than just having the Gokaigers curbstomp them all single-handidly. It was a really nice touch that the Gokaigers didn't use any of their Sentai powers to do it, they used their own skills and abilities throughout the whole thing.

Overall I enjoyed it immensely. The plot, the tie-in to the Legend War, the combat, everything. It was great from start to finish. I had never really watched Super Sentai before Gokaiger (I had watched a bit of Shinkenger, but thats it). Its impressed me so much that I'm going to start following SS from now on (on the flipside, my interest in Kamen Rider has been dwindling; Fourze being pretty boring right now is not helping).
 
I also liked how it had the Gokaigers and Goseigers teaming up to beat the Super Sentai constructs, rather than just having the Gokaigers curbstomp them all single-handidly. It was a really nice touch that the Gokaigers didn't use any of their Sentai powers to do it, they used their own skills and abilities throughout the whole thing.

But more importantly it is because they could not access any of the Sentai powers as they are fighting them in the first place (the constructs came from the Ranger Keys). But I agree that it was a nice touch nonetheless that the Gokaigers use their own powers.
 
I thought the five-minute Legend War we saw in Gokaiger ep. 1 was awesome enough, but this movie took it and blown it up and made it awesome x100000. You can really tell that Toei took alot of care and attention (which strangely did not happen for Decade's All Rider movie), and they got a fair amount of SS alumni for cameo and whatnots. And this movie also made me see Goseigers in a positive new light (as well as just how beautiful Mikiho Niwa is). Can't wait for the sub to come out, but this movie is watchable with or without the sub already.
 
which strangely did not happen for Decade's All Rider movie

you do realise that what happened in decade is entirely an experiment done by toei to see if such thing can be done. it's a failure, so they did a different one in gokaiger

And this movie also made me see Goseigers in a positive new light (as well as just how beautiful Mikiho Niwa is)

be careful, her lesb partner might got snapped hearing this...
 
This one had its highs and lows for me.

Loved:
-All the old actor cameos, especially the "heart of the keys" scene at the end.
-The bit with DenziBlue, the kid, and the robot toy that used to be his dad's.
-The "movie set world" with the Go-Onger villain, which I actually got a good laugh out of, when I was preparing to groan at the Edo set.
-The sheer amount of Gokaiger actually fighting as Gokaiger. Also, Don reining in the OTT antics and just being kinda desperate and crafty; that's how I want to see that guy fight. (Well, up until the bit with Agri. Bleh.)
-Alata getting ready to wax poetic on Marvelous's Hero Heart only to have Marvelous flick him off.
-The Moune and Luka plot was very cute; they probably have the strongest actors of their respective shows.
-Camoumirage mook rush. Hooray, we remembered Hyde has powers!
-GoseiKnight x Navi 4eva
-The Super Sentai Bazooka scene, which was super-cool.

Mixed feelings on:
-The general interaction between the Goseigers and the Gokaigers. It wasn't bad, there were some cool moments. It was just not as inspired as some crossover movies; I don't feel like the casts are super-compatible. I appreciated what they were going for in the reasons for why they were fighting, and it was done as well as it could be, but it still felt a little bit like Idiot Plot at points.
-The salaryman plot, which was fun for seeing DenziBlue, RyuuRanger and DekaPink all together hanging out, but almost felt like it belonged in a different movie. Cutting from the tense fight scenes to "random guy on the street" kept breaking the momentum for me. On the other hand I get what they were doing and I enjoyed the payoff with the street scene at the end.
-The big mecha scene: on one hand it was cool that they used the old footage; on the other I wish they had at least restored it a bit.
-The return of Brajira, who I like and all, but seriously loses his appeal when he's just bwa-ha-haing over generic revenge. On the other hand, the all-giant-Brajira rush was hilarious, so I guess it balances out. Plus, props to the writing team for actually referencing Brazil in his scheme.

Hated:
-The big fight against all the former teams. For the life of me, I will never understand why Toei thinks that what we want from a tribute is to see modern heroes effortlessly beating the **** out of mindless old hero suits. On the other hand, at least we did get to see those suits being heroic at some point, and at least they were sorta-kinda going for something with the whole "We have to save them! The powers shouldn't be used for evil!" thing. So it's still got a leg up on the Decade movie, but I don't really think the overall stunt work was very good (in a movie that otherwise had very good stuntwork) and the scene didn't work as spectacle. I just kind of felt bored and wanted them to move on.

All in all, a pretty good crossover movie, and it balanced the "legacy" elements with the "versus" elements about as well as an 80 minute movie could. Probably my least favorite of the theatrical Versus movies (out of three, so it's not that bad), but I still enjoyed it.

EDIT: Oh huh why did I post this in the rumor thread and not the discussion thread. Oh well, people are discussing it here, so :P
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top