Gokaiger; Goseiger - 199 Hero Great Battle - Discussion Thread

[HIDE]
allridersallsentai2.jpg
[/HIDE]

Heck yeah! :buttrock:

IMO, Gokaiger; Goseiger - 199 Hero Great Battle > Gaoranger VS Super Sentai > Boukenger VS Super Sentai.
 
Just finished the movie and IT WAS EPICALLY EPIC OVER 9000 TO THE POWER OF INFINITY!!!

*ahem*

I loved how they used some old footage and some of these cropped it to the main scene, that was my fave eye candy there.

I can say this was even more better than Let's Go Kamen Riders (no offense Rider Fans), which I saw, and I was like "Not enough fun..." but this movie= PURE EPICNESS.

Even more better then Gao VS SS, and I would watch this again.

GOOD JOB TOEI! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
 
I've seen the movie; perhaps it's gonna sound weird, but I felt that it looked MUCH more like a Gokaiger vs Goseiger movie than a Gokaiger vs SS; of course, we see other veterans, but they only have very little screen time, when the Goseiger are the main feathured non gokai team; even if we see some of the Legand war, and even if we have former villains,and a big mecha battle, it's not more striking than what we see in the Gokaiger TV series itself ( like when Ryuuon, Satorukan (Jr) appear, or the Gaiark appear); so, I don't think that it can be really compared with the other vs SS movies, where we have heroes from other series than the immediate previous one who have a lot of screen time, and are more central into the plot.
 
Action, action, action! Action all the time!

I wasn't very fond of this movie's premise, especially considering how it apparently took from us the chance of seeing a real Vs Super Sentai team up, but it was still fun due to all the action. I'm usually bothered by stock footage, but it actually worked just fine here... well, kind of. It was nice to see all the chaos and action, but the cg explosions during the battle against the Keys and the stock footage used there stood out very obviously from the other scenes in the movie. It didn't hurt my enjoyment much, but it did make the movie look rather cheap.

Same goes to the mecha battle, although I really liked how they put some thought in the match ups there, like the Japanese robots defeating Gedoushu Bladerun and gun users beating the God of Snipers, the edited stock footage of old shows still was very obvious.

Anyway, as far as actual problems that bothered me go, the main three returning monsters were underwhelming. Yogoshimacritein was acting more like his son than himself and both Brajira and Dagon were just generic here. I guess the final battle confirms that they don't have most old robot suits around, considering the use of stock footage-only for most pre-Gao shows in the final battle. It was also kind of odd to see all this Goseiger focus but the Goseiger setting itself ignored. There was no mention of the Tower of Heaven, Gosei World, Master Head or calling for help of other Gosei Angels at all. In spite of all their screentime, the Goseiger here easily could have been replaced by any other previous Sentai team.
 
Last edited:
That was pretty good! At first I thought the movie brought out the big guns too early with the huge battle at the beginning- anything after that would be a step down. But they managed to keep up the momentum pretty well all the way to the end. This is like the second thing ever I've seen Goseiger in but it was actually kinda nice to see them again, like old friends. Is it just the movies or do they have a tendency to get split up and thrown into wacky-land?

Only thing I probably would have had is some more 70's/80's/90's villains, but I'd guess there aren't as many costumes of the older guys left, even attraction suits. The updated Black Cross King was pretty good and I like that they established he was meant to be a souped-up version. Variblune was awesome and the Battle Fever costumes look great, have they shown up on the show yet after episode 1? Also I'm awaiting a .gif of Changeman blowing up Gokaiger with their canon.

And I liked the blatant use of stock footage. For obvious reasons Let's Go Kamen Riders is still my favorite anniversary movie of the year so far, but I will give this one credit: as a nostalgia trip it feels just a bit more comfortable with itself, right down to using the real Goranger theme song and throwing in cameos wherever the hell it wants. But both films are absolutely not embarrassed by what they are and what they're doing, and I respect that a lot.

Good flick.
 
The movie was pretty good. I love how the Bangal Heroes were introduced in the extended Legend War and Deneb ... err, i mean, Signalman and Black Knight got their respective actors to voice a line. Also, love the interaction between Ryou, Kenji Ohba (because this guy is gonna have his own movie in January!) and Umeko and a Variblune toy just survived for 35 years !

Though the only thing that i hated were the fight scenes against the Keys which to me, seem like it took forever to finish and the way the Ranger exploded to become Keys again just felt cheaply done for some reason. Also the obvious use of stock footage during the big Mecha orgy but the positive for me was how the mechas were grouped during the fight (Goonger and Carranger doing their finishes for example).

All in all, good movie but it could have been better :)
 
Excellent movie undoubtedly better than the Gaoranger and Boukenger anniversary ones.

The best thing: no Gai.

The chemistry of the team was very improved minus GokaiSilver and his child like antics.
 
[HIDE]
rawgokaigergoseigersupe.jpg
[/HIDE]

In the background:

-GingaRed
-AbaRed
-AbareBlue?
-AbareYellow?
-DekaGreen
-GaoWhite
-HurricaneYellow
-BoukenPink?
-?
-?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top