Gokaiger: 35th Anniversary NOD thread

-The Name Captain MARVELOUS is a nod to MARVEL. Before Battle Fever J, Sentai had no mecha and the Spider-Man toku did. Toei dropped the Spidey show once it was completed and "transfered" the mecha theme to Sentai creating Super Sentai.
Didn't Marvel also help produce the first two Sentai shows or did I get that mixed up?
 
Didn't Marvel also help produce the first two Sentai shows or did I get that mixed up?

I don't think they helped but as far as I know Stan Lee was a fan.

Leopardon (Spidey's mecha) is the soul reason Super Sentai was born. Without it there is a really good chance Sentai would have died after JAKQ since the ratings were ass, ironically the series itself > Goranger.
 
The love for Curry seems to be a recurring theme across many shows.
From Goranger to Abaranger through to Goseiger.

14mpw1.jpg
 
Last edited:
Is 2 AbareYellow's in the OP credits because Ranru is twice as hot as everyone else was?.


Man, I'd tickle GokaiYellow with my feather.
 
Battle Fever J was the only Sentai that Marvel had a hand on it

Marvel was also involved with Denjiman and Sunvulcan, but I think they had very little to do with those shows. (From what I've read, it sounds almost like they were just fulfilling a contractual obligation, but I dunno.) Doesn't really matter, since I don't think Captain Marvelous' name is intended to pay tribute to Marvel for their involvement in the franchise. (Just as I seriously doubt the grunts are an homage to Hessler.)
 
I cant believe no one mention this :

RYUKENDO!

The series' heroes used keys to fight and to change.like Goukaiger
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top