Future Tokusatsu Adaptations

Allio

DAIMON PAWNCH
The thing is with Garo, the Suit vs Hollow action is so simple, you could make it go with any plot.

I've actually been working on a small script dealing the monsters being related to their host's fear.

For Ultraman such as Tiga, Nexus, Mebius... how will they adapt that, even in Canada? Making it almost like Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad?

FreedomR8G6B1

You have to realize that I joke about this stuff now and then in the forums.

For the Ultras...after Towards the Future/Great and Ultimate Hero/Powered, it just points out the West isn't ready for Ultras. However, if they did something like Nexus...it should be Next, Nexus Junis Red, Nexus Junis Blue, and Noa as an continuing evolution. As for Mebius, its gonna be trick because he's essentially what Gokaiger is to Sentai and Decade is to Kamen Rider. But, I do like the concept of Mebius taking a human form of a deceased individual, lots of stuff to play off of.

Dream idea...Will Smith portraying an Ultra and combining elements from both the Showa, Heisei, and Millenium eras.

As for Ryukendo, if you've seen this along with Tomica, its revealed to be the same continuity...so adapt it into a specialize operations unit and then swap out episodes like what VR Troopers did.:sweat:

johnpariah

Honestly, theres not much that would need to be changed in GARO to adapt it-plot or concept wise.

Man is latest in a family line of people who fights demons that forever try to inhabit the world.

....that's..pretty much it.

Horrors is the only WORD i would change-just because if said to quick, it does sound like "Whores"-but besides that its a pretty straight forward adaptation. The hardest part would be financing the action-since I'd say 90% of the action in GARO is out of suit...I mean they DID make six seasons of Highlander-which featured frantic swordplay, so who knows....

get a network like SyFy to back it, and you're good to go...

Bigdog

You have to realize that I joke about this stuff now and then in the forums.

For the Ultras...after Towards the Future/Great and Ultimate Hero/Powered, it just points out the West isn't ready for Ultras.

Dream idea...Will Smith portraying an Ultra and combining elements from both the Showa, Heisei, and Millenium eras.

Great was immensely popular, the lack of episodes beyond the 13 killed the supply and thus the demand. Powered only aired in Australia despite being American which is ironic.

If adaptation is taken loosely ,why not turn the Granzasers into the next MMPR. Teenagers of angst fighting evil in their cliques. Blue is nerds, Red is jocks, Black is loners, Yellow are Jersey Shore douches and so on to get the "Breakfast Club" effect.

Kamen Rider Cherry

A girl of divergent opinions.
On the topic of MBAV, I think Matthew Knight would be a good choice to play Eiji's counterpart on a possible OOO adaptation in case it was filmed in Canada.

Mr. Underachiever

Is not impressed right now...
Garo is almost perfect for an American adaptation. The show was clearly made with the western audience in mind.

The only problem is how to go about merchandise since the show wouldn't be for kids.

12 high school teenagers in 4 different groups is gonna be a toughie. Having a toku series is Canada should be perfect.

Especially if Canada decides to use the Power rangers and Kamen Riders there.

If OOO was in Canada, I'd be full of excitement!

GoseiGold

Someone mentioned Ryukendo with teenagers here's how i'd go about it.

Ryukendo is a high school student who's accidentally brought into the fight and Ryugunoh is like the local sheriff, and Ryujinoh is antagonistic.

Bigdog

If I were to adapt GARO, I'd just remake it. None of the footage would be used from Japan, just the suits and maybe the monsters unless the budget allows for better effects which would liberate the monsters from the suits . If used for lowering the budget, it will be minimal and be blended.

This version of GARO is like the original series ,but diverges on one aspect. The Malachite Knights are a World Order descended from the original stone cutters of the Temple of Solomon and the swordsmen from India. An organization steeped in mystery and intrigue, it has garnered global influence through the adoption of the Makai Code, a code of laws that dictate how knights of the order act , live and go about their lives. They cannot allow their personal prejudices blur their mission and if they put themselves above the others, they shalled be remited in the Makala , a punishment that allows dismemberment of the armor that leads to death.

Since the 47 knights Massacre in Japan, their armors were destroyed in self sacrifice and left only two armors left in existence. One for the West and one for East, which was forgotten after the fall of Constantinople last worn by Constantine XI, the Eastern armor coming into a possesion of Mehmet , Vlad the Impaler ,Ivan the Terrible ,whih after his death went into possession of the Romanovs and then taken by Lenin and then Stalin until the armor was given to the sole heir of the Eastern Armor which married into the descendant of the original armor wearers. Their son, Alexei becomes the Eastern Grand Master Kinght of the order, and his fiancee is dead . Never marrying another woman , he swore, he fell in love with a Vitenamese orphaned boy and after the war ,filed successfully to adopt him. Kouga Anh Dung Romanov is his name, the boy who would become GARO.

With the rise of the Horrors that were the basis of the monsters of ancient myth and lore, Kouga must fight the Horrors upsurge while struggling to find a cure for a classmate Kara, the popular girl, whom will become one of them in 50 days if she does not die from the strain or by the Malachite Knight's sword facing a rogue knight and several others whom found the armors once thought to have been lost to ages with their own motivations.

Will they band together or will there be a battle royale to the death?

Knights of the West Order
Zilo - Fang Knight
Bado- Storm Knight

Knights of the Eastern Order

Kouga Romanov- Garo Knight
George Standaopolis-Black Sun Knight

Senate of Grandmaster Knights

Senator Erik- Thor Knight (Thunder Knight)
Lord Omar- Osiris Knight
Baron Prester -Poseidon Knight (Original)
Duke Zachary-Apollo Knight (Flash Knight )

Last edited:

Shynilyte

Shyni
Just because they're called "knights" instead of "samurai" or whatever, doesn't mean the show itself was "tailor-made" for a western audience. You do realizer that you're suggesting as if Garo was created for the purpose of airing in the West, do you?

Last edited:

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?