Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage

HaiTien78

Member
>Turn on demo
>Pick Kenshiro
>"You are already dead"

Game of the fucking year.

I've played the Japanese version exactly once before and loved it, the demo was stupidly good for a demo.

The gameplay is very different from your average Musou/Warriors game, it plays more like a 3D beat em up than anything with a better, more varied and thought out move set rather than "Square square square triangle repeat". Everything else is spot on to the manga/anime (well except Rei's hair) and does the Hokuto franchise justice.

Anyone planning on picking this up?
 
I'll hopefully pick this up, but wont be until price drops due to my wallet practically have the robe around it's neck :laugh:

That and WoW: Cataclysm in just 6 Weeks :castlerock:
 
>Turn on demo
>Pick Kenshiro
>"You are already dead"

Game of the fucking year.

I've played the Japanese version exactly once before and loved it, the demo was stupidly good for a demo.

The gameplay is very different from your average Musou/Warriors game, it plays more like a 3D beat em up than anything with a better, more varied and thought out move set rather than "Square square square triangle repeat". Everything else is spot on to the manga/anime (well except Rei's hair) and does the Hokuto franchise justice.

Anyone planning on picking this up?

I bought the game the day it got released in Japan...
And it is totally overrated.
Personally I LOVED IT... but that is because I am a damn fanboy and it's so nostalgic for me.
But... the game is full of repetition... Same moves, same enemies, same decors all game long. Some of the characters are done well, but some not.
Not everything is on the spot... Hart is actually kinda tiny, hair is different, costumes are different,....

The best Hokuto no ken game was Seikimatsu Kyūseishu Densetsu for the PS1. The grafics were stunning for ps1. It was very true to the story and a lot of fun to play.
 
Played the demo and thought it was awesome. Definitely my next game purchase. Of course they had me at Dynasty Warriors and Fist of the North Star.
 
I didn't even know this game was coming out in North America until I played the demo last week... So you can imagine how stoked I was to find out that it was being released a week later. Preordered it along with Golden Sun: Dark Dawn when I got Fable III. So stoked.
 
But... the game is full of repetition... Same moves, same enemies, same decors all game long.

Did you honestly expect anything different from Koei? All their Musou games are pretty much the same ****. Hokuto Musou here is easily one of the best ones especially considering how much it deviates from the other Musou games.
 
Did you honestly expect anything different from Koei? All their Musou games are pretty much the same ****. Hokuto Musou here is easily one of the best ones especially considering how much it deviates from the other Musou games.

True... but it's even worse... I can appreciate a Musou game for a few hours but not this one haha
Try it when it comes out. You'll know what I mean then.
 
>Turn on demo
>Pick Kenshiro
>"You are already dead"

Game of the fucking year.

I've played the Japanese version exactly once before and loved it, the demo was stupidly good for a demo.

The gameplay is very different from your average Musou/Warriors game, it plays more like a 3D beat em up than anything with a better, more varied and thought out move set rather than "Square square square triangle repeat". Everything else is spot on to the manga/anime (well except Rei's hair) and does the Hokuto franchise justice.

Anyone planning on picking this up?

I don't know about game of the year, but...

is that Jojo and Dio on your avatar?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top