Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Discussion [Spoilers]

Advent Children was a big steaming pile of crap.
First time I saw it I thought it was the best thing ever to happen but I was just too excited to see my favorite game characters in modern cgi.
But after watching it a 2nd time, man... stupidest piece of **** ever.
 
Do you really have to have a coherent plot in all movies made? It was obvious that AC wasnt meant to have a particularly good plot. Even most of the screentime was dedicated to the battle scenes. I'm not saying people shouldn't complain about the lack of storyline in a particular movie, but sometimes it's just easier to let "little" things like that go and enjoy the movie as it was intended to be enjoyed.

Me? I loved that movie. Seeing everyone back on screen was awesome. I think it was actually a wise decision to make it a all-out cgi fest rather than serving a half-assed plot in just 100 minutes.
 
It sounds like alot of you were disappointed upon the second viewing. I hope that doesn't happen with me. Sure, there was a lack of plot and story line...but I've definately seen worse.
 
I whole heartedly agree. That ranks as my number one fight of all time.. the end between Cloud and Sephiroth. The battle with Bahumut, the motorcycle chase..... it was just jam-fucking-packed with unabashed rock. :jam:

How'd it take you this long to see?
 
Even tho I haven't seen the movie in a while, I now have the urge to see my fansubbed copy again along with my fansubbed version of Last Order as well...:anime:
 
I didn't actually expect it to have much of a plot, I was happy to see the great old characters in CG fighting. It was great, had everything I expected and wanted.

It's not like they could have had a good storyline in 90 minutes considering how epic the game actually was.
 
I whole heartedly agree. That ranks as my number one fight of all time.. the end between Cloud and Sephiroth. The battle with Bahumut, the motorcycle chase..... it was just jam-fucking-packed with unabashed rock. :jam:

How'd it take you this long to see?

Well, I didn't get into Final Fantasy until about two years ago...and the order of my playing them was 10, 10-2, 12, 9, then finally 7. I really had no interest in playing it at first, but I saw pictures of Vincent Valentine...and I was like, " Oh God that it the hottest FF character I have ever seen..." so I decided that I had to play FF7, then watch the movie, then play Dirge of Cerberus.

So yeah...that's why it took me so long! :anime:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top