Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Discussion [Spoilers]

Now only if the movie had an actual story to accompany the awesome fights.

No kidding. I didn't like the movie that much. It seemed more like an afterthought of an idea and not something that was fleshed out. Why didnt they use materia and magic? Why no summons? What's up with that lame story that was never explained? They didnt explain why they needed the children at all or what, exactly, they were doing. Just some random nonsense of some bull **** sickness I dont know.

Then sephiroth appears randomly, no explanation. Just a fight. I hated the line "There's nothing I dont cherish". Wow. How fucking retarded. "I cherish the caterpillars and the sky! The bees and the trees!" Bull ****.

Dont know, didnt like it. I thought it could have been written a lot better.
 
well the reason for no magic and no summons has to do with the materia's origin: Mako, the lifeblood of the planet.

If you recall the ending of FFVII, the lifeblood of the planet is called upon itself to help overcome Meteor.

That would explain why they are either reluctant or unable to use any materia related abilities like summons or magic.
 
They DID use summons. Kadaj summoned Bahamut. And for awhile there, Yuffie was carrying around ALL of Cloud's materia, so he wasn't ABLE to use them.

And there WAS magic. Every time you saw a weapon glow, or one of the brothers move super fast. That's like, Haste right there. Tifa's gloves had electricity....someone used quake at one point. They just don't pop the spell up on the screen or yell, " I USE QUAKE!" you know.

And Cloud used Omni slash at the end, which was a limitbreak.
 
Ah, I didn't like the movie one bit. It was beautiful, I'll give it that, but it bored the hell out of me. I actually remember going to fold laundry while the final fight played out. :disappoin
 
REALLY!? Wow. I know I heard alot of mixed reactions about it a long time ago...I'm just glad I enjoyed it as much as I did.
 
Advent Children was nice to watch the first time, but it fails apart completely during subsequent viewings. Without going into a huge rant, it just lacks any sort of story or character development. It's like Kamen Rider Kabuto. Stuff just happens, and the viewer is never sure why.

At best, Advent Children is a nice CGI showcase. It only has any value if the viewer has played and is familiar with the game that it is spun off from.
 
Heres something I don't get in the english dub version

"Dilly Dally Shilly Shally"

At that part I was like WTF, I saw the Japanese language movie a few months earlier when my friend fansubbed it, but it was my first time hearing the dub and at that moment I paused the movie and said wtf who's idea was this?

Oh and another thing about the dub, I did meet the voice of Reno, Quinton Flynn in person last year, fangirls kept asking him to say AxelxRoxas yaoi lines (since he does the voice of Axel) :sweat:
 
Heres something I don't get in the english dub version

"Dilly Dally Shilly Shally"

At that part I was like WTF, I saw the Japanese language movie a few months earlier when my friend fansubbed it, but it was my first time hearing the dub and at that moment I paused the movie and said wtf who's idea was this?

Oh and another thing about the dub, I did meet the voice of Reno, Quinton Flynn in person last year, fangirls kept asking him to say AxelxRoxas yaoi lines (since he does the voice of Axel) :sweat:

"Got it Memorized".
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top