FF8 FFVIII was the game that captured true love in the series

Final Fantasy VIII (1999): Students from a military academy become entangled in a sorceress-driven time conflict. It experimented heavily with the Junction system and a romance-centered narrative. AKA Final Fantasy 8, FF8, FFVIII

Kieranlewix

New Member
I have to admit that the love story in this game overwhelmed me. The scene where Laguna takes Raine's hand and puts a ring on her finger, especially makes me tear up. The kiss after the credits ties it all up. The sondtrack also makes me feel all kinds of emotions inside. It had its flaws, some cheesy lines and stuff, but despite that, it is a masterpiece.They trully don't make games like these anymore.
 
It is true there is a lot of love and affection in FF VIII. Such love stories even encourages members to love the game more. How I wish they would introduce the same in some of these games.
 
I think FF7 onwards the quality of the stories and also the flow with which games improved. I must say previous were bit slow and not much interesting. But as with FF7 and FF8 were executed the games were lot better that way. In that case I'd such games from FF14 would again be interesting on plot and the graphics.
 
I think everyone has their own version that really did the deed when it came to solidifying the love for the series. I think I came along earlier but I can definitely agree with the storyline flowing better.
 
I think FF7 onwards the quality of the stories and also the flow with which games improved. I must say previous were bit slow and not much interesting. But as with FF7 and FF8 were executed the games were lot better that way. In that case I'd such games from FF14 would again be interesting on plot and the graphics.
I understand and share your view on this. Perhaps looking at the earlier versions from a neutral point would change our perspective. Back when the games (FFVII onwards) had not been released, the earlier versions were great. The early RPGs had their own make and all game developers had not started customizing and upping the graphics. To be fair, I can say the FF games were top ten in their time. Now that we have seen the steady rise in graphic quality and mechanics, we can agree that the earlier games served as a springboard for the newer ones. It is by comparing these new ones with the earlier ones that we see these changes.
 
It is true there is a lot of love and affection in FF VIII. Such love stories even encourages members to love the game more. How I wish they would introduce the same in some of these games.

Yeah it is true that love and affection is getting intense with the series from FF7 onwards as they plotted the game to be a lot complicated on story line which makes it more exciting for us gamers to play their game as we relate it to our own lives and not just unrealistically making a plot that looks like a fiction or so.
 
I have to admit that the love story in this game overwhelmed me. The scene where Laguna takes Raine's hand and puts a ring on her finger, especially makes me tear up. The kiss after the credits ties it all up. The sondtrack also makes me feel all kinds of emotions inside. It had its flaws, some cheesy lines and stuff, but despite that, it is a masterpiece.They trully don't make games like these anymore.

I have come to understand that romance and love sells stories to people more than any other thing, and it was exactly what happened in Final Fantasy VIII. People are always attracted to love scenerios as well as romance. This is even more common with female gamers, as male ones are more inclined to war and battles, leadership and territory conquest.

I do enjoy the thrill of experiencing love in the series of Final Fantasy games, practically made the game not be war based throughout and that rocks for me.
 
I have noticed that Final Fantasy games VIII was focused mainly on romance and love aspects rather than to a certain type of incident. I am sure that the female gamer really relate well on the love story in this game. Honestly I was also driven my emotions when I saw and witnessed some of the romantic scene in this game. It is really amazing that some people are being driven and used to influence their preference by these romantic aspect of a certain game.
 
I haven't experienced this level yet. My curiosity has gotten high after reading this thread. Maybe because I like love stories. Well, this is the next FF I play after finishing the one I started. :D

I can't wait to see true love. hehe
 
I don't think that its fair to say it was the billed as the first Final Fantasy focused on love. Love was a big part of IV. and VII. What you might be getting confused by is that VII's was Life. And I don't know the rest but that's what they talked about at the time. However, this point does fit in with your overall theme. That the games is about love and themes around love.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top