FFVIII was the game that captured true love in the series

I love that part too, it made me emotional back then when I watched my cousins and brothers play it, I loved the kissing part too ( I can't remember much of it because it has been long)

And here it is true that final fantasy opened way for other games to be well known, it paved way for the improvement of RPGs, but now every one in this age would not appreciate how great final fantasy is.

Yes I agree with you. This is the only installment that shown us the love story of the characters. In some point, FFVIII is descibed as love story theme rpg. Some people hate it but for me I love the way they did in the story of Final Fantasy VIII.

Final Fantasy games have always outstood when it comes to the storyline and that of FFVIII is one among the best. Any emotional person who is playing the game can feel and experience a complete saga of each and every emotion present in human life. The originality of the storyline was praised by many players. I feel that it is a perfect combination of story and background music which made the entire plot of FFVIII so mesmerizing.

Administrator
Staff member
Despite of it's popularity to casuals since its the first Final Fantasy game of most casuals, Final Fantasy 8 is hated by hardcore fans. Most hardcore fans prefers 7.

When it comes to love story, people should play 6.

Despite of it's popularity to casuals since its the first Final Fantasy game of most casuals, Final Fantasy 8 is hated by hardcore fans. Most hardcore fans prefers 7.

When it comes to love story, people should play 6.

I think the choice will always vary from person to person. There are many who loved the story of FFVIII but there are many others who figured out many loopholes in the plot. For me, the most important part of the game is the level of entertainment and fun associated with me and I found FFVIII grants a complete justice in this aspect .

Yes I agree with you. This is the only installment that shown us the love story of the characters. In some point, FFVIII is descibed as love story theme rpg. Some people hate it but for me I love the way they did in the story of Final Fantasy VIII.

For whatever reason some people will always be against anything that is story driven and not all actions and battles. I think we all probably know some people like that but hopefully the majority are able to appreciate the more subtle sides of the game.

Administrator
Staff member
You guys didnt played Final Fantasy 6. It has the ultimate romance any game ever accomplished. Sadly it is created during a time where technology is limited.

----------

Back to the topic, This threat felt grim with all of the "Rinoa is Ultimecia" and "Ultimecia" Is descendant of Squall and Rinoa theories.

I have to admit that the love story in this game overwhelmed me. The scene where Laguna takes Raine's hand and puts a ring on her finger, especially makes me tear up. The kiss after the credits ties it all up. The sondtrack also makes me feel all kinds of emotions inside. It had its flaws, some cheesy lines and stuff, but despite that, it is a masterpiece.They trully don't make games like these anymore.

The thing with Final Fantasy VIII is that Laguna is a character that have got that character of emotions and feelings for Raine which he didn't hesitate to display at that point in time. Just like you said, that is one of the romantic series that I've witnessed in Final Fantasy series.

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Squall Rinoa lovestory in a nutshell.
7NAAUlnGRmvPgDT63q3r.gif

Squall is like a male version of the Tsundere trope but he kind of surrendered to Rinoa eventually. Rinoa did all the courting.