Favorite Anime?

I would say for tear jerker/slice of life animes,
"Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day" certainly takes the cake.

Anohana+wallpaper.jpg

Oh god. How I cried. T_____T

It's one of the best heart wrenching animes out there imo.

I also really like the Bakemonogatari series.

-kanbaru_suruga-oshino_shinobu-senjougahara_hitagi.jpg

It has just the right mixture of light heartedness, dark humor and the WTF factor. Hahahaha

But for my all time favorite, it has to be Code Geass

tumblr_static_code-geass-r.jpg

It could certainly do with more realism in it but overall, I love the political elements and admire Lelouch's ambitious personality.

My very first anime was Sailor Moon, so that's been a part of my childhood... I'm glad to see the mahour shojou genre "all grown up" so to speak with Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

The animation is sooo pretty. The music is... sooo pretty. And it's not only pretty, it has well-developed characters with the most fascinating dynamics and a real solid storyline that works as face-value entertainment (well, if you're into dark stuff that tie up neatly at the end) and then whenever I think about, there are so many layers of messages and interpretations for life lessons and stuff but it's all very subtle.

It bumped off The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as my absolute favorite anime series of all time ever, even though I still do like that series for something more light-hearted.

I loved Binbougami-ga! It was an amazing anime, really lighthearted most of the time but when it came down to sad moments it won't pass the baton to anyone. I think it was actually the first time that I've ever cried while reading a manga. It was a great experience and had interesting characters and a good plot. Hats off to the author of that manga. :)

My favorite anime would have to be Ghost in the Shell, both the movie and the show. I've always been a huge fan of cyberpunk stuff and I really like the way the show combines action and intrigue with philosophical themes about the individual and the role of technology. It's also beautifully animated.

Tenchi Muyo also springs to mind as an anime that I really loved when I was younger and they showed it on Cartoon Network. It was my first anime except for maybe Pokemon and I still love it to this day.

I always find spare time to watch a Miyazaki film. I should branch out though, I am looking into all these suggestions. Thank you guys!

There are so many great Animes I like, i love staples like: Fairy tail, DBZ, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece. Not so mainstream titles like Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Sword Art Online, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rounin Warrior, Shinzo, Beyblade and I could go on forever. I just love anime.

I don't really have a favorite anime, because there are too many out there that are too good. If I would have to list just a few that are on my favorite list, then they would be Sword Art Online (I and II), Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, Fullmetal Alchemist, Durarara... There are of course just bits of the list, I listed the animes that just came to mind at this time, that are on my favorite list.

Administrator
Staff member
Cowboy Bebop is still really high up there. FLCL. Excel Saga. Attack on Titan. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. There are more, but they escape me at the moment.

One Piece has a special place in my heart because it was the first anime I ever watched. Although I do feel like they are dragging out the series now. But the early on episodes are fantastic.

I also enjoy watching Naruto. The action sequences in that show are simply fantastic. :cool:

I think this goes here! haha! But what is your favorite anime? I really enjoy Sword Art Online (don't say much, still watching!), Dangan Ronpa, Free!, and Wolf's Rain. Feel free to give suggestions!!
Anime has come along way, and i don't watch it much but, I remember watching Ninja Scroll back in the day. It blew my mind. It was very graphic especially at the time!