English Dubbed Animes, Are they really that hard and bad?

I would have to disagree with you, Strider. Only the English dubs for GSD were terrible (I mean the three Extended Pilots and half of the Minerva crew) but the one voice actor that I didn't like in the English dub GS/GSD was.........Matt Hill. Don't get me wrong, he's good man, very talent but when it comes to Gundams, he's better off playing a minor character than one of the main characters, especially Kira Yamato. As for Matthew Erickson as Shinn Asuka, I would prefer Michael Reiwz (sorry for the mispelling of the last name). As for Samuel Vincent's Athrun Zala, he made it work well. So, in terms, only 99% of the English cast of Gundam Seed were okay, but the English voices of Kira and Lacus were the ones that I was uncomfortable with.

having ur main character's dub suck like Gundam Seed/Destiny would basically ruin the show....stick to the japanese track...
 
How exactly is it bad? I thought it was consistently hilarious. Seriously, you seem way too hostile towards dubs.

I hate the voices. I prefer the Japanese originals. And yes, I am not a dub fan. As I stated previously there is like only one dub I find ok that isn't a game. I'm sorry if you take it personally that I hate dubs you like.

That's not entirely true. Armada was pretty much unchanged. Any differences were purely aesthetic, and due entirely to Cartoon Network forcing them to do a rush job.
The dub was awful. The changes made were stupid IMO.

The other two only had minor changes. The only significant ones being Alpha Q's origin and death, and Override's gender switch. The latter once again being entirely CN's fault.
They had name changes, story alterations, and the last one had the plot changed to be a part of the first two. You like it that's great. I found the changes to be lame. That is why I chose to stick with the Japanese versions.
.[/QUOTE]
 
But those dubs are amongst the best.
Sure Kira might sometimes sound a bit annoying but Matt Hill sure played his character very well.

And as for that evil masked man Commander Rau LeCruiset, THAT dubber named Mark Oliver beats the Japanese seiyuu Toshihiko Seki.
 
The only dubbed anime I enjoyed was Aquarion, but I still had to go back and watch the subs.
 
Na. That specific accent is used because south-east Texas is apparently very similar to Osaka. It's pretty much the dub standard, now.


Southern is harsh and drawn out, Kansai is very harsh and very accented... the only example I have of like a-typical Kansai is this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjj8-mQb_po[/ame]

Loud
 
But those dubs are amongst the best.
Sure Kira might sometimes sound a bit annoying but Matt Hill sure played his character very well.

And as for that evil masked man Commander Rau LeCruiset, THAT dubber named Mark Oliver beats the Japanese seiyuu Toshihiko Seki.

Finally, someone who understands me. I still think Mr. Oliver and Seki-san were an equal match.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top