But basing it on the casting and the casting sides, it seems that PR 2011 might be a direct translation of Shinkenger... with Bulk and Skull and homework.
I don't know but when PR is inferior to the Sentai, I kind of lose all enthusiasm. Example: after watching a bit of Dekaranger, I could not be less interested in SPD, on top of being pissed off. (OmegaRanger and all...)
I have a history here. I watched Power rangers as kid from MMPR to IN Space, stoped for a bit, got into Time Force, then swear I would never go near anything resembling Power rangers anymore and just stuck with Kaiju. Then I got into Ultraman Tiga and said ultraman is my limit. Then I got into Kamen Rider and said Ultraman and Kamen Rider are my limit. Then I got into Super sentai and said PR is crap, Sentai is cool. Now I enjoy both. If the show or version is well done, I like (Time force and Timeranger). If not, then not (Carranger and PR Turbo). Thats me.