Does anyone ever regret buying Toku/Power Ranger toys?

Dont regret any of my toys and I make sure I dust the collection regularly which helps to continue to appreciate them. Sometimes Ive overspent on a given week but I usually just buy less the following week to compensate.

The only time I regret a toy is when its an american rip off. Had a few let downs when I first got back into collecting but now I mostly buy japanese toys where I can though to avoid this.
 
The only toku/PR purchase I can ever remember regretting is this 15 inch-tall Kamen Rider Agito vinyl figure I got at Otakon. I bought it purely on impulse because it was right in front of me and I thought it looked awesome.
 
I sometimes regret buying some of the DX Sentai/PR weapons, if only because I can't seem to find anyone to sell them to...
 
I regret buying the Go-onger mechas (everything up to G12) in 2008 -- except for Engine DaiShogun. If I could change history, DaiShogun would've been the only Go-onger mecha I would've bothered with. Call it lack of willpower if you want, but that year, I would've been sitting there doing nothing and just twiddling my thumbs if I didn't buy anything. And I was in Hong Kong and Japan that year too so my willpower to not buy stuff is even worse in such a situation with an aunt who offers to buy me stuff left and right. :sweat:

I was mainly into Sentai at the time and I thought Go-onger did have its good moments despite what I thought of it overall. At first, I was not impressed with the mechas but after seeing it in action, I really liked them and had to get them. I hate to admit I'm like that BoukenSilver guy who needs to a show to enjoy his toys... but I guess this was somewhat the case for me. :sly: Without the show, I didn't like the Go-onger mechas very much. I thought they were pretty badass in action but when I look at the toys themselves, I go "why the **** did I even buy these???"

But now, I find myself more interested in Kamen Rider thanks to W. And S.H.Figuarts was just beginning in 2008 too and little did I know how big the line would become and how much I would love that line. I did (quite randomly) pick up THE NEXT Ichigo, Nigo, and V3 at the time but the releases back then, IMO, were quite "meh" compared to all the great stuff we get today.

However, it's not all wasted though... once Go-onger is done it's run in Hong Kong and prices skyrocket again, I'm going to put them up for sale and hopefully get more back in return.

And if we're talking non-toku stuff that I regret... I won't even go there. TONS of stuff that I regret getting from many years back. It didn't help having a local comic shop right across the street from my high school. I was quite a frequent customer there and thanks to my changing interests (which were almost like frequently changing multiple personalities), I ended up with lots of stuff I wish I had never bought. I'd go as far as to say the frequency of my hauls were somewhat close to that of SPDRed's. I know most of you guys go :O_O: :O_O: :O_O: at his stuff but I'm only reminded of all the crap I bought and feel glad I don't have such compulsive spending habits anymore. :redface2: I've managed to sell some stuff over the years, but I often wish I was into toku at the time so at least the crap I bought would still be of use to me today. But like most people I know, I stopped caring about "Power Rangers" at some point as a kid. If only I had never lost interest and discovered Sentai and Kamen Rider many years earlier. *SIGH* :redface2:
 
I regret buying all the Sentai robots and all the other Sentai related stuff and GIVING 95% of it away. Now I am heavily into Kamen Rider and getting the belts and S.H. Figuarts and S.I.C. I really hope I am not going to regret getting the Cyclone/Joker Double costume Aniki is making for me now.
 
Given how I haven't bought that much anyways, I don't really regret anything I've bought. The Memories have been worth it and the various PR toys haven't been too detrimental.

What I do regret is how many old PR toys I don't have any more. D:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top