Do you think KR/sentai actors enjoy being on the show?

Yeah, I'd dare to say Miyauchi is one of the actors most proud of being in Tokusatsu on this planet :biggrin:
 
I'd say it's probably about the same as actors that are on PR, or any other young kids show. They use it either to break-in to the buisness to go off and do other things, or they need to eat. While they're on the show, I'm sure most of them do enjoy it. I mean they're on a show that has a guarnteed run for at least a year. Not to mention the possibility of comming back in later seasons for guestspots.

But after being done with the show for awhile, I'm sure it grates on them just a tad, only being remembered for a role on a "kids show".

-RF
 
It varies from person to person. The ones that are stage or dramatic actors seem to speak well of their work, because they really look at each role they take equally. Actors who appeared in the older tokusatsu that were members of the Japan Action Club speak fondly of their work, because tokusatsu is about THE place where they can get notoriety.

A lot of the recent actors, who are models breaking into acting, I feel are using tokusatsu as a stepping stone, which means they'll be the ones to hide it in their career and dump on it as time goes by, like Tamao Sato. I think the new Rider actors seem worse about it than others, though. Joe Odagiri apparently already disses Kuuga.
 
Well, it's up to them really!!

Some actors are proud to have taken part as various characters in Toku shows, some are a little embarressed about it!! And I bet TJ Roberts regrets playing Dex in Saban's Masked Rider!!! :laugh:
 
Igadevil said:
Does Odagiri even list Kuuga on his website? I can never seem to find anything past 2004.

It wasn't listed last time I was at his site. Odagiri's a sell out. He spoke well of Kuuga until he started getting nominated for awards for "Azumi," all of a sudden he tried to cut ties with Kuuga.

At least the three Agito guys haven't really ditched it yet. I hope they don't, either, they're too cool. Seeing as Kashuu has done that toku inspired variety show (with Shun Shioya and Takayasu Sugiura) and Yuusuke Tomoi a Godzilla, I'm thinking those two are cool with toku.
 
I think they do enjoy being on the shows. It definatley shows in their acting ability. I'm pretty sure the Japanese show alot more respect to their work then Amy Jo Johnson did after she turned on Power Rangers.
 
Doggy Kruger said:
This is the question I'm ALWAYS wondering.

Do they?

I feel that they feel embarrassed most of the time AFTER the show but that's just me. What do you guys think?

From what I heard Megumi Mori one off the show mid-way through Liveman then wanted a recurring one Kakuranger during the conception stages. Another rumor I heard was that this year's pink was going to leave when she found out another pink was hire or was that blue. A wacky rumor I heard was that Blue Turbo was to play a Shurikenjer but said "**** no" because it didn't pay enough. And one of the Flash girls saidthe series ruined one of her singles? hmmm.

A character from Kamen Rider turned out to be bitter when he got "awards."
 
I heard Nobuhiko (Shadow Moon)'s actor was a real bastard on the set and got fired which is why we never got his human form after he was turned into Shadow Moon and he was jealous of Kotaro Minami's actor. So he hated being in KR Black.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top