Do you look back at old threads you've posted on various forums and cringe?

I don't have low self esteem.
People are entitled to their opinions, however, have you ever looked back at the past when you posted stuff on various forums (it could be Henshin Justice, it could be RangerBoard, it could even be FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, etc..), and thought to yourself "I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY POSTED THIS!!!"

It could be for various reasons. Maybe your opinions changed over time (it could be a TV show, music, film, whatever). Maybe you find what you posted so many years ago embarassing or stupid. Or maybe you had a flame war with someone which resulted you getting banned and you regret it.

I remember back when I was on Japan Hero (as OrangeRanger), there was a thread about rumours about an American adaptation of Chou Shin Sei Gransazer being made by some studio called Lionsgate, and I went absolutely batshit about it because I presumed that it was going to be like Saban's Masked Rider and that they were going to add lame comedy and overall screw the show up.

That American version of Gransazer eventually never came to fruition. Nowadays I don't so much mind that an American version of a Japanese superhero show is made, sometimes I welcome it, sometimes I don't care about it. If it's lame it's lame and if it's good it's good. I actually liked Kamen Rider Dragon Knight better than Kamen Rider Ryuki. I do find it lame that the American version is dominant around the world while the Japanese version stays hidden in Japan and a few select other countries and that they can't co-exist... BUT WOW!! I can't believe I've thrown such a big fucking babyish tantrum over it. I wish I could just go back in time and tell myself to think twice about posting all this ****!!

The CareBear posts were also stupid, but then again this was before Bronies. I eventually lost interest in CareBears, I tried to get into My Little Pony (the new one) but eventually lost interest in that too. Dunno why, just... lost interest.

The whole ranting about Viacom thing was also not worth it. Sure they're not a brilliant company but all this constant ranting about what they're doing with YouTube, Power Rangers being on Nickelodeon and constantly posting Jeepers Media's videos and even telling KingRanger to **** off just wasn't worth it. If only I knew that Jeepers Media's videos were all sensationalist nonsense. After all, he did a video about people who use MegaUpload being extradited to the US. Nonsense!!

I still think it's lame that Power Rangers is on Nickelodeon, BUT.. *sigh* what can you do?!!

Anyway, these are a few stories of mine. What about you? Do you look at old threads and posts you posted on various forums and find them very cringe worthy. Feel free to share them, but I would advise anybody not to share anything that may make you feel uncomfortable or upset.

DISCUSS!!

This was the dumbest thing I've done:

There was a time when I was a new employee in the workforce just after college where me and my high school classmates were discussing a popular actress at that time. The discussion turned to something about there being nude pictures of her, and to make the long story short, I posted nude pictures of her on the e-mail group just to prove that there are some. Of course, some of them being at work did not appreciate it at all.

Other than that, there's nothing much I regret, except probably the time I spent on message boards. I've changed religious and political views over the course of my internet life, and said things I don't agree with anymore, but I don't regret those because I've learned to look at those things from the other side of the fence.

not so much on what I've posted on forums or social media (then again I never bother to go find them back), but most of the fanfics I've written all those years ago were pretty much old shame. I don't have the files anymore but the fact that I still vaguely remember some of them. :redface2:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I was a terrible person when I first started posting here, and that was by no means the worst. I used to post incredibly vindictive and extreme things on certain sites dedicated to activism and animal rights (which was my pet cause for quite some time in high school.) I stopped doing that when I got a police record for unrelated things and realised that all my online activity could and would be used as evidence in court were I to get into any more trouble.

I also used to hang out on a forum dedicated to British TV history and me and other posters would gang up on this one particular YouTube user - I won't name him, but he was quite well known at one time for making absolutely terrible TV mocks and then refusing to label them as mocks so that if anyone searched for real idents and programme junctions, what they would turn up would be pages and pages of his videos (he'd uploaded over a thousand of them at one point.) We never approached or harassed the guy, but we complained about and made fun of him a lot. Eventually YouTube banned him for copyright violation and he apparently didn't bother to make another channel. There's still a lot of very harsh stuff about him on the internet though, we were far from the only ones annoyed with him ...

I've always been an analyzer (part of what I do for fun around others), and because of that, there would of course be times where I'd say things with such confidence, but then look back at it sometime later and wonder what the hell I was thinking. I've said stupid things, I've said things where I sadly missed acknowledging a certain side of things, and I've said things that were probably not worth anyone's time to read at all. I can still find posts like this as recent as 2012. Makes for an interesting time machine to see where you've been and where you are now.~

I'm almost 30.
I've been on the internet and posting things on various message boards since the days of Windows 95 & 98!

Thankfully, the internet changes over time faster than things change in reality. Things get lost in the digital dust, and you're not sure if web archives can bring it back! If I could look back on half of the things I did when I first started exploring the internet, I would cringe so bad I'd need emergency surgery.

But that was then, and this is now. And these days, even going back a few years, I tend to stand by the things I say and do. Sure, I might look back and think "I could have said/handled that better", but I tend to stand by my words and experiences.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I have OCD, so, yeah. I'm usually having regrets the moment I hit the reply button.

But, yeah, some of the first Power Ranger fanfics I wrote were absolutely horrible, and not just plot-wise. I got better over the years- improving my writing skills a hell of a lot last year alone- but some of the really old ones are extremely depressing to read.

There's also the fact that I keep repeating myself simply because I have something on my mind & can't hit the reset button, which, I assume, gives people the impression that I'm being extremely passive-aggressive.

There's the points where I skim articles & think I'm posting the truth when it turns out I simply misread or misunderstood something. As well as when I can't think of a word or phrase off the top of my head & end up using the first alternative that comes to mind, only to have it make little to no sense, or sound like I don't know what I'm talking about.

There's the times when I'm not organizing my thoughts properly & come off awkward & confusing (Especially to the Forums' resident Sheldon & resident Troll, both of whom will remain nameless at this time. :sweat:)

All in all, it happens a lot.

I might. What sucks though, is that sometimes you could put the utmost thought into something you have on your mind, plan it out, and you just plain don't know that what you said is bad until the outcome. I'm currently going through the same thing in REAL LIFE.