Golden Bachelor, This 71 year old widowed grandpa is looking for love

Super Moderator
<p>Golden Bachelor is an Idea ABC rejected years ago. A Writer’s strike and now an Actor’s strike halt productions of scripted television. So every TV networks and streaming service right now have no choice but to greenlit reality shows. “Golden Bachelor,” a spin-off of the Bachelor franchise, centers on a 71-year-old man rather than a guy in his late 20s to mid-30s.Brad Womack, at 38 years old, used to hold the title of the oldest Bachelor, but the record has now been broken. In case of The Bachelorette, Clare Crawley is the oldest Bachelorette at age 39.</p>

I sincerely hope none of the contestants are in their 20s. It would feel awkward and out of place, given Gerry's age and life experience. I'm really rooting for a group of women who are closer to his age and are genuinely interested in finding a meaningful connection. Let's hope the show's producers have considered this aspect and chosen contestants who can relate to Gerry's stage of life.

Love Me!
It is kind of gross but thinking about it, dating an old rich man and marrying him without pre-nup means I can have all of his money.

Swimsuits have been a significant part of the appeal in the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows, but for this Golden Bachelor spin-off, I hope they focus more on meaningful connections and genuine love stories because I do not want to see elderly people in swimsuit.

Entertainment Enthusiast
This Golden Bachelor concept is intriguing. Gerry seems like a genuine and serious person, and I'm curious about the age range of the contestants. It would be awkward if they were too young, but I hope they find people who share their life experiences.The Bachelor franchise needed a change, and the Golden Bachelor might be just what it needed. I admire Gerry for taking this chance, and I hope the show brings a more mature perspective to finding love.

Oh, man, I'm super excited for this Golden Bachelor thing! You know, I'm a huge fan of trashy reality TV, and this show looks like it's going to be right up my alley. It's cool to see that the writer's and actor's strikes have led to more reality shows, and I actually think that's a good thing. Reality TV can be a guilty pleasure, you know? Sometimes you just want to kick back and watch some drama and romance unfold without thinking too much.

And the fact that they've got Gerry, a 71-year-old dude, as the star of this spin-off is awesome. I mean, it's different from the usual Bachelor stuff where you have these young guys thirst trapping on Instagram and TikTok. Gerry's been through some real-life stuff, you know? Losing his high school sweetheart and then his daughters pushing him to be the next Bachelor, it's like a heartwarming story.

I will never ever runaway
I do wonder about the age range of the contestants, though. I hope they match Gerry's age, 'cause it could get a bit weird if they're too young, right? I mean MIlf Manor made me feel so uncomfortable. Anyway, I'm just hoping for some good old-fashioned reality TV fun. And the catchphrase "it's not too late to fall in love again" is giving me all the feels.

Do not mess with the Power
Ugh, I can't believe they're coming up with this Golden Bachelor nonsense! I mean, I'm no fan of reality TV, especially the trashy kind, and this show just sounds like another cringeworthy spectacle. The writer's and actor's strikes might have forced them to do more reality shows, but seriously, is this the best they could come up with?

A 71-year-old man as the Bachelor? Give me a break! This just feels like a desperate attempt to milk the franchise for all it's worth. I doubt there'll be anything genuine or meaningful in this so-called "journey to find love." It's more likely to be a trainwreck filled with drama because contestants are drunk.

When I first heard about the senior citizen spinoff, I wondered how it would differ from the traditional "Bachelor" series. But after watching the trailer and learning more about Gerry Turner, I can't help but be touched by the genuine pursuit of love in the golden years. It's inspiring to witness these individuals embracing life and seeking companionship, making me look forward to their beautiful love stories.

Is he gonna kiss multiple women at the same day just like the previous Bachelors did?​