We Are VR
Anyway, what did everyone think of the series finale of One Life To Live? Great twist at the end.

i think that allison broke out of jail then shot victor & return to jail, good twist hope TSJ signs with GH to complete the story

i think that allison broke out of jail then shot victor & return to jail, good twist hope TSJ signs with GH to complete the story

Actually TSJ was ready to move on from Todd, er, Victor Jr. He's given interviews to that fact. My favorite quote is something along the lines of how the only thing he wants to do more than 8 years is be married. He decided not to renew his contract before it got out that OLTL was getting canceled, and when it was cancelled he offered to stay on at least four more months to wrap up that storyline (he felt there should be some repercussions shown in the storyline). It seemed like TPTB turned him down, but...apparently not exactly. :)

He's got two movies in the pipeline that I know of. Anything is possible, I guess he could change his mind in the future (1-2 years from now), but somehow I doubted. Then again, I think Roger Howorth said something along those lines as well...

So, the gang's almost all here (first Starr (and briefly Cole and Hope), then Blair, now Todd, and soon John). I knew they were coming for a while (since OLTL was wrapping up), but I didn't know the head writer was coming first, replacing Garin Wolf (who replaced Bob Guza). The same head writer for OLTL now writing GH? Nice.

I always wonder if its in the contract of any new head writer that Sonny has to always be front and center. :eyebrow:

Anyway, love how they brought the OLTL's on the canvas, and can't wait to see how John comes on board. Apparently the woman who plays Starr already signed a 3 year contract (guess they're optimistic that GH won't get cancelled anytime soon), and both Todd and Blair's portrayers were only going to be around for a couple of weeks. But just recently Roger Howarth was put on contract (for how long, though, hasn't been said yet). And I think it was always the idea to have John McBain around for a while anyway.

So at least Starr, John, and Todd are going to be on GH for the foreseeable future.

EDIT: Its a shame NuCole isn't going to be around. When they recast him on OLTL, it was a VAAASSSTTT improvement. They used the same actor from the recast for his two-day stint on GH, and it was sad to see him go. At the same time, though, I like the idea of Starr and Michael as a potential couple.

So, the gang's almost all here (first Starr (and briefly Cole and Hope), then Blair, now Todd, and soon John). I knew they were coming for a while (since OLTL was wrapping up), but I didn't know the head writer was coming first, replacing Garin Wolf (who replaced Bob Guza). The same head writer for OLTL now writing GH? Nice.
Carlivati and Valentini (Executive Producer), to me, are the best thing to happen to this show in years! These past three weeks or so since they took over have been phenomenal. I think Wolf really tried to do a good job. I could see the effort, but it felt like he was in a little over his head with the new position. And Guza... though talented, he's been on my **** list ever since he killed Alan Quartermaine. :shakefist

Anyway, love how they brought the OLTL's on the canvas, and can't wait to see how John comes on board.
The Llanviewers really are a great addition to the cast! With any luck they'll be able to get Kassie on contract soon. I can't get enough of her! :wub:

Loved all the OLTL name-dropping lately too. Viki, Téa, Tomas, Victor, Nora, ect. It's a little thing, but hearing them come up in conversation on GH is pretty cool.

EDIT: Its a shame NuCole isn't going to be around. When they recast him on OLTL, it was a VAAASSSTTT improvement. They used the same actor from the recast for his two-day stint on GH, and it was sad to see him go. At the same time, though, I like the idea of Starr and Michael as a potential couple.
I didn't care for the recasting, but only because they didn't give enough time for me to adjust to it. If I could've gotten used to the new Cole and Hope, I'd have been okay with it. Though I can't blame TPTB. They had no other options here with either character.

Banned
the only fun stuff on daytime tv was waiting to hear " YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER...!!!!" :laugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2i0ts-uck"]YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Double Epic Fail...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5aP9as3Wb4&feature=related"]Not the father x2! - YouTube[/ame]

Carlivati and Valentini (Executive Producer), to me, are the best thing to happen to this show in years! These past three weeks or so since they took over have been phenomenal. I think Wolf really tried to do a good job. I could see the effort, but it felt like he was in a little over his head with the new position. And Guza... though talented, he's been on my **** list ever since he killed Alan Quartermaine. :shakefist

...and AJ, and Justus.

Speaking of Quartermaines, wonder why they never brought back Jimmy Lee Holt? Guza would have screwed him up, but now it should be safe.

The Llanviewers really are a great addition to the cast! With any luck they'll be able to get Kassie on contract soon. I can't get enough of her! :wub:

What's ironic is everyone seems to say "what about Blair?" when finding out Todd is going to be on longer than first thought. I had no idea Blair was as popular as Todd or perhaps MORE popular. KDP is a good actress though so I'm not the least bit surprised.

Loved all the OLTL name-dropping lately too. Viki, Téa, Tomas, Victor, Nora, ect. It's a little thing, but hearing them come up in conversation on GH is pretty cool.

Tomas showing up in Port Charles would be...interesting. Someone would HAVE to mention the fact he looks like the Alcazar brothers. :D

I didn't care for the recasting, but only because they didn't give enough time for me to adjust to it. If I could've gotten used to the new Cole and Hope, I'd have been okay with it. Though I can't blame TPTB. They had no other options here with either character.

I always felt Starr and Cole should be friends who happen to share a child together. Given who their parents are and how they're "connected"...always felt kinda weird making them a couple. But yeah I loved new Cole and couldn't stand original Cole (the actor). I kinda wish they had simply brought both on but simply had both fall out of love or something so they'd both be on the canvas.

My theory though is that while Cole may be a goner, Hope isn't. Who has her, though, I don't know. Allison? :D

...and AJ, and Justus.

Speaking of Quartermaines, wonder why they never brought back Jimmy Lee Holt? Guza would have screwed him up, but now it should be safe.
Yeah, Guza basically decimated that whole family. :( Alan was the one that got to me the most, since he and Monica are my favorite characters, but it sucked to lose any of them.

I have to admit, I did enjoy A.J.'s exit story though. Didn't want him to actually die, but the story that came out of it was pretty cool.

What's ironic is everyone seems to say "what about Blair?" when finding out Todd is going to be on longer than first thought. I had no idea Blair was as popular as Todd or perhaps MORE popular. KDP is a good actress though so I'm not the least bit surprised.
I think for a lot of people, Todd and Blair are a package deal. That's kind of how I see them. Individually they're great, but Roger and Kassie playing off each other is on a whole other level. With that kind of chemistry, they make each other better.

Tomas showing up in Port Charles would be...interesting. Someone would HAVE to mention the fact he looks like the Alcazar brothers. :D
True. And I'm waiting for some kind of Caleb/Livvie (PC) reference, if John and Sam ever cross paths. Michael Easton and Kelly Monaco were each other's love interest on GH's spin-off.

I always felt Starr and Cole should be friends who happen to share a child together. Given who their parents are and how they're "connected"...always felt kinda weird making them a couple. But yeah I loved new Cole and couldn't stand original Cole (the actor). I kinda wish they had simply brought both on but simply had both fall out of love or something so they'd both be on the canvas.

My theory though is that while Cole may be a goner, Hope isn't. Who has her, though, I don't know. Allison? :D
I think it's possible for one or both to be alive. There was at least a minute's time between the car going over and the actual explosion. So I could see someone like Allison or maybe even Victor having covertly gotten them out.

True. And I'm waiting for some kind of Caleb/Livvie (PC) reference, if John and Sam ever cross paths. Michael Easton and Kelly Monaco were each other's love interest on GH's spin-off.

I don't think there's ever been an official word or statement anywhere, but LOGICALLY it would make sense to consider Port Charles (the spinoff) wholly out of continuity. By the writers at least. It went vampire crazy with no clear resolution if I remember correctly. Lucy became a vampire slayer, it was just silly. Ian Thornhart (the cousin or brother or whatever of Patrick Thornhart, also played by Thorsten Kaye) wound up a vampire...Scotty's daughter Karen Wexler was really an angel...

It feels silly even typing all of that.

I think it's possible for one or both to be alive. There was at least a minute's time between the car going over and the actual explosion. So I could see someone like Allison or maybe even Victor having covertly gotten them out.

Victor may save Cole, not sure on that one (even though he knows he's not really Todd, he still has Todd's personality and thinks like Todd), but he wouldn't keep Hope from Starr, no matter what. Allison, on the other hand, would, and gladly.

If they really want to tie both shows together, maybe Faison saved Hope as a "gift" to Robin, whom he has kidnapped and stashed away somewhere?

I don't think there's ever been an official word or statement anywhere, but LOGICALLY it would make sense to consider Port Charles (the spinoff) wholly out of continuity. By the writers at least. It went vampire crazy with no clear resolution if I remember correctly. Lucy became a vampire slayer, it was just silly. Ian Thornhart (the cousin or brother or whatever of Patrick Thornhart, also played by Thorsten Kaye) wound up a vampire...Scotty's daughter Karen Wexler was really an angel...

It feels silly even typing all of that.
Oh yeah, I'm sure PC doesn't fit in continuity with the other shows. But I wouldn't be surprised if they still played with it, maybe a subtle one-liner or something. Like, "Don't I know you from somewhere?" or something like that. Just as a gag.

I never got to see much of PC. Wanted to, but it aired at like 2:30 in the morning here. :disappoin

Victor may save Cole, not sure on that one (even though he knows he's not really Todd, he still has Todd's personality and thinks like Todd), but he wouldn't keep Hope from Starr, no matter what. Allison, on the other hand, would, and gladly.

If they really want to tie both shows together, maybe Faison saved Hope as a "gift" to Robin, whom he has kidnapped and stashed away somewhere?
You have a point about Victor. I didn't really think that through. Lol.