Oh yeah, I'm sure PC doesn't fit in continuity with the other shows. But I wouldn't be surprised if they still played with it, maybe a subtle one-liner or something. Like, "Don't I know you from somewhere?" or something like that. Just as a gag.

I never got to see much of PC. Wanted to, but it aired at like 2:30 in the morning here. :disappoin

It tried a bunch of stuff (ghosts, time travel, etc) before settling on vampires. It was just...weird. Plus the guy they recast Epiphany's son with was a different character on the show, too.

But I think they pulled that "don't I know you from somewhere" gag already in the "What If They Met?" webisodes before the first two soaps got cancelled. Sam asked, and John was like I'm sure I'd remember someone like you. I think all of those webisodes are out of continuity as well, even though none of them disrupt any of the storylines of their respective characters. In fact they were current (like when Starr was in the elevator with Angie and Jessie, who were arguing about having a baby).

Side note: this may never happen, but with the Prospect Park thing over and done with, I'd love to see the guy who played David Hayward on General Hospital. There's already precedent: he was married to Anna Devane (Robin's mother, and not to be confused with Alex Devane, also played by Finola Hughes) on All My Children. They even had a child together, Leora, but she died. :disappoin

In fact, with Robert suddenly leaving to chase his fake-son, I could see David popping up to console Anna over the loss of another child.

D

Dr Kain

Oh what a shame, worthless trash is going away. Too bad American Idlo and all that reality tv crap doesn't join.

is Mayor of Farmville
Oh what a shame, worthless trash is going away. Too bad American Idlo and all that reality tv crap doesn't join.

I don't know about you, but the fact that soap operas lasted this long means they are anything but worthless trash.

Well, General Hospital has been doing so great in the ratings (recently experienced a rating jump not seen in almost two years), that the online revivals of OLTL and AMC are back on the table. And they want back Todd, John, and Starr. The tricky part, though, is they own the characters...but of course not the actors and no contract has been drawn up yet. It is expected that those three will leave GH briefly to help get those two revivals on their feet, but will come back to GH.

Also...wow, they have essentially resurrected Port Charles in GH. :sly: I did NOT see that coming. So Michael Easton is playing a dual role of John McBane and Caleb Morely. But so far he's the only vampire we have now, but I guess his son might be a dhamphir? Not sure where they're going with this. But besides that, GH has been enjoyable, more enjoyable in...years. And a lot of vets are back. For instance, I never thought I'd see Frisco back on GH.

Well, General Hospital has been doing so great in the ratings (recently experienced a rating jump not seen in almost two years), that the online revivals of OLTL and AMC are back on the table. And they want back Todd, John, and Starr. The tricky part, though, is they own the characters...but of course not the actors and no contract has been drawn up yet. It is expected that those three will leave GH briefly to help get those two revivals on their feet, but will come back to GH.

Also...wow, they have essentially resurrected Port Charles in GH. :sly: I did NOT see that coming. So Michael Easton is playing a dual role of John McBane and Caleb Morely. But so far he's the only vampire we have now, but I guess his son might be a dhamphir? Not sure where they're going with this. But besides that, GH has been enjoyable, more enjoyable in...years. And a lot of vets are back. For instance, I never thought I'd see Frisco back on GH.

Agreed. Its strange how a spinoff dedicated to getting back to the roots of GH turned into a supernatural mashup not unlike Dark Shadows. Then again, GH has been Sopranos Lite for some time now with accents of serial killer films. Seriously, Heather was like Jason Voorhees until she got wasted. Don't like the whole Britt subplot as it feels rather boring and rehashed, but just glad that the vampire plot is overshadowing it. Hopefully we will get some alien abductions and Zaido thrown into the mix. Yeah, I went there.

Agreed. Its strange how a spinoff dedicated to getting back to the roots of GH turned into a supernatural mashup not unlike Dark Shadows. Then again, GH has been Sopranos Lite for some time now with accents of serial killer films. Seriously, Heather was like Jason Voorhees until she got wasted. Don't like the whole Britt subplot as it feels rather boring and rehashed, but just glad that the vampire plot is overshadowing it. Hopefully we will get some alien abductions and Zaido thrown into the mix. Yeah, I went there.

Well they just recently brought back the Ice Princess, so...you might not be too far off.

It seems like what GH is doing is going into nostalgia overdrive, and its working like hotcakes. I had no idea the return of AJ was just the beginning.

And yeah, it was Sopranos lite, thanks to Bob Guza who was the head writer of the show for over two decades. I always said the show would prosper with Guza gone, and...looks like I was right. I have no proof, but, I think with Guza gone Steve Burton saw the writing on the wall and got the heck out of dodge. lol Maurice Bernard took his chances by staying and looks like its paid off, but at least its not so mob-centric now.

I remember reading spoilers that Britt is actually the daughter of Faison and that female German lackey of his, but now I wonder if they've changed course. I think the actress is actually popular and they may be figuring out how to keep her on the scene. I think the easiest way is to simply say she's the twin sister of Nicholas Cassadine. That ties her into Laura and would give her something to do, trying to straighten out her long lost, wayward daughter.

Well they just recently brought back the Ice Princess, so...you might not be too far off.

It seems like what GH is doing is going into nostalgia overdrive, and its working like hotcakes. I had no idea the return of AJ was just the beginning.

And yeah, it was Sopranos lite, thanks to Bob Guza who was the head writer of the show for over two decades. I always said the show would prosper with Guza gone, and...looks like I was right. I have no proof, but, I think with Guza gone Steve Burton saw the writing on the wall and got the heck out of dodge. lol Maurice Bernard took his chances by staying and looks like its paid off, but at least its not so mob-centric now.

Not to mention, Steve Burton was tired of playing a role which allowed for limited range of emotions as I read in the Soap Digest. I might go see the show he's on right now.... though I wish he also did some voice acting because I liked him as Cloud in the film.

Things being less mob centric is nice especially since nothing really happened with the stories , though I liked them, I liked the medical portion of it better than the mob things because the latter was poorly executed and followed a horrible pattern. Sonny was a pussy that never did anything while Jason was his deus ex machina, has a friend in Robin and doesn't do much of it. Doesn't help that they killed Claudia off instead of actually trying to write an actual storyline which is another of my peeves. They always will kill a character rather than pave a new path, or anything, drag things out to the point of implausibility and use characters in OOC moments like with Maxie here.

I remember reading spoilers that Britt is actually the daughter of Faison and that female German lackey of his, but now I wonder if they've changed course. I think the actress is actually popular and they may be figuring out how to keep her on the scene. I think the easiest way is to simply say she's the twin sister of Nicholas Cassadine. That ties her into Laura and would give her something to do, trying to straighten out her long lost, wayward daughter.
I could see the resemblance actually, but how would it be done? There's zero indication of it as it is, but with Laura, maybe. It would be better if Britt was the daughter of Laura and David Hayward in my opinion , so they can integrate some AMC characters to GH and help promote their revivals.

Which reminds me. If AMC and OLTL are coming back online , then will it be also picked up by another network like ABC Family? Because I don't see the shows lasting long term online not to mention ABC Family seems to be made for such shows.

I could see the resemblance actually, but how would it be done? There's zero indication of it as it is, but with Laura, maybe. It would be better if Britt was the daughter of Laura and David Hayward in my opinion , so they can integrate some AMC characters to GH and help promote their revivals.

Well either way (child of Laura/Stavros, child of Faison/Olbreht), it would be out of left field, but that's typical for soaps, especially with the whole long lost son/daughter/twin/mother/father trope. And I'd love for her to be the long lost daughter of David Haward and Anna, but with AMC coming back, chances are they can't use the character of David.

EDIT!: As a matter of fact, Vincent Irizarry has already been signed to the revival, which both begins taping Monday, February 25th.

For the time being there will be a sort of...embargo, on the characters OLTL and AMC want to use, in regards to GH. That's why no one knows what will happen to Starr, Todd, and John. GH won't be able to use the characters, but the actors' contracts remain unaffected, and there hasn't been any talk about releasing them from that contract and signing a new one with The Online Network.

Either they'll sign a contract, give them a temporary leave, or change their names. But no one knows at this point.

Which reminds me. If AMC and OLTL are coming back online , then will it be also picked up by another network like ABC Family? Because I don't see the shows lasting long term online not to mention ABC Family seems to be made for such shows.

No, its going to be online only. Its basically the original idea from before, its just NOW that GH is a ratings powerhouse its re-gained momentum. Though I agree I don't see it lasting long and I think that ship has sailed. But we'll see.

Last edited: