DISNEY BUYS STAR WARS!!! EPISODE 7 IN 2015!!!

Yeah, Anakin was definitely an example of the Redemption Equals Death trope. There'll probably be a new Darth, but it won't be Vader. The prequel trilogy had Darth Maul and Darth Tyranus.
 
Yeah, Anakin was definitely an example of the Redemption Equals Death trope. There'll probably be a new Darth, but it won't be Vader. The prequel trilogy had Darth Maul and Darth Tyranus.

If it is a new Darth, it would be cool if someone found the armor, retooled it, and wore it like Samurai armor....
 
http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/21/3677450/empire-strikes-back-return-of-jedi-new-star-wars
According to The Hollywood Reporter, writers Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg have agreed to write installments of the new Star Wars trilogy, and they will write either Episode 8 or Episode 9. Kasdan's already got some serious credentials under his belt: he previously co-wrote The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Kasdan's counterpart Kinberg has written titles including X-Men: The Last Stand, Sherlock Holmes, and Jumper. The Hollywood Reporter says that the writers' exact responsibilities haven't been determined yet, and it's unclear if the duo will take on both movies. Regardless, it's exciting news for Star Wars fans who hold the original trilogy in high regard.

The new Star Wars trilogy resulted from the Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm, announced back in October. Disney plans to release the first of the new trilogy, Star Wars: Episode 7, sometime in 2015. That film will be written by Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine writer Michael Arndt.
 
Aaaand J.J. Abrams is directing.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174633-breaking-jj-abrams-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii

Star Trek Into Darkness helmer J.J. Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII for Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm, reports TheWrap. The site says that Ben Affleck was also in contention.

Back in November, Abrams commented on the possibility of him directing and it sounded like it wasn't happening:

"Look, Star Wars is one of my favorite movies of all time. I frankly feel that – I almost feel that, in a weird way, the opportunity for whomever it is to direct that movie, it comes with the burden of being that kind of iconic movie and series. I was never a big Star Trek fan growing up, so for me, working on Star Trek didn’t have any of that, you know, almost fatal sacrilege, and so, I am looking forward more then anyone to the next iterations of Star Wars, but I believe I will be going as a paying moviegoer!"

TheWrap adds that Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy has been courting Abrams for the director's chair for a while.

Sta r Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015. Michael Arndt is writing the script. Disney and Lucasfilm are planning a new trilogy with a new movie coming every other yea
 
Not sure how I feel about JJ Abrams being the newest director for Episode VII. What I get mostly from his films are his love for lens flare effects. They are in too much. I dont want Star Wars movies to have them.
 
I'm actually okay with this. While I will agree Star Trek had alot of lens flares, it has also become on of my favorite movies. (Though I'm not big on the continuity revamp, if Nimoy is down with it then why should I argue?) With Star Wars it is just as scary a thought of someone trying to modernize it, but I think that is what the series needs. with I, II, and III they pretty much stuck to the original format but tried to make it more face past and focused alot on the politics. I'm okay with space politics in my movie, but there are limits that should be kept. The original triology did this beautifully and hopfully the new trilogy will as well.

I, II, and III were very political because that was the world before the Empire. IV, V, and VI were less political and more action packed because the sides were as clear as they could get. VII, VIII, IX will be set in a world recoverying from a long war and rule of an imperial regime. I am seriously looking forward to seeing how the world has developed. Is there a new senate, are the imperial remenants still in power, or has each individual planet gone back to governing itself? All three at once even. I hope it turns out well, because there is alot of potential here for a skilled writer and director to play with.
 
I love Abrams, he may not be a perfect director, but he reminds me a lot of Michael Jordan. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top