Did Ultraman/Ultraseven just get a tad more popular?

Forever Knight

Eye See You
I've never seen so many Ultra threads at HJU in it's entire run until SevenX began.

Does this mean it's given a new life to that franchise?. How are ratings going?.
 
I think it's only the English speaking fandom that's been given a jolt, thanks to Ultraseven X being all the rage for a minute.

It is funny to see how everyone's popped up always claiming to be an Ultra fanatic, when he was sort of pushed into the corner behind sentai and Rider for all this time. :laugh: I don't know...
 
Last edited:
With Ultra becoming more avaible people are getting into it. Plus with Fk you have a highly value opinion on toku and you have been starting a lot of talkbacks for ultra yourself, so that may have something to do with it.
 
I've noticed it too. Lots of Ultraman avatars and threads popping up...that's cool, though. I've just gotten into it, so I don't call myself an Ultra fan...yet. ;D
 
So I wasnt the only one thinking it.


That's good. Let's get all our standardized Rider & Sentai fans into the Henshin Heroes, Metal Heroes, and Ultras. No?.
 
I've never seen so many Ultra threads at HJU in it's entire run until SevenX began.

Does this mean it's given a new life to that franchise?. How are ratings going?.

Just a dash of New Series-itis. This will pass once the new Rider gets revealed :laugh:
 
I hope not.

You say that now but the truth is that it always does. Save for the people who cling onto certain shows for dear life (coughcoughKABUTOcoughcough :P).

A promo image or some sort of artwork comes out and people will either start drooling in awe or bitch and moan how "IT IZ N0T K00L LIEK LAST YURRZ!" and proceed to make some sort of running joke about it. Then people like myself will try to say "Wait until you see it in action before you judge" and nobody ever listens until the commercials/first episodes air.

From there, the feelings turn into either;

A.) Even more drooling for the series if they supported it from the beginning and going down the path of Uber Worship. If it's a sequel or remake, this effect is doubled.

B.) Calling a Three Episode Rule which will revert into either A or...

C.) "hAETR3D" - Because the show didn't live up to their expectations after only one episode, realize that the time they spent making shiny Livejournal icons and changing their screennames on every message board was time wasted and proceed to go back to last year's show, even if they hated it, and proclaim how brilliant it is after a second viewing.

...That or they completely turncoat their position in order to save face :P

It happens every year. There's no denying it as nearly everybody does it. From what I've seen, Ultraman doesn't have as much pull among the newer fans and I doubt we're going to get another Year of Heroes like last year. Long and short of it: Trust me when I say that come time next year, you won't be as hyped about this as you are now.

That is unless TPC releases a R1 Ultraseven set....which will never happen unless the other BCI releases do well.
 
I love Ultraman and in my view, its already popular having been around for more than 40 years and attracting fans young and old. So, yay, ultraman is getting abit more popular with ultraseven x and the upcoming ultra galaxy and the 2008 film ...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top