Densha Otoko - Funny Japanese Tv Show (review)

Akiyama said:
not really having a problem with connecting...but the series lost me when trainmain set his limited edition zaku down a river like it was moses. i was all "AH COME ON, MAN!!" :laugh:

The thing I hated the most out of Densha was in like ep 5 that whole convo with the stalker, I was like "Wow this is stupid, how can you have your main character connect with a stalker, that's a little too patheitc for me." It was a shitty climax for that ep.
 
I wouldn't mind if you did. I don't have hang-ups about spoilers. Honestly I'm having trouble watching this series and wouldn't mind being spoiled. It's funny but I actually get embarassed for some of the characters because of how they act. I could barely get through episode 6 and 7 they were so crazy.

Speaking of eps 6 and 7, they really surprised me. After we saw Jinkama accidentally discover that thread and connect it to Yamada, I was sure she was going to try and sabatage him, but she ends up trying to help him without him knowing. :laugh: I don't know how much more of this show I can take, the craziness is overwhelming me. :P
 
I know what you mean, I almost couldn't watch the ending of 6 just because I knew what was coming and it felt really awkward. Funny how shows effect you like that.
 
Mihara said:
I know what you mean, I almost couldn't watch the ending of 6 just because I knew what was coming and it felt really awkward. Funny how shows effect you like that.

Oh that's nothing, Finale episode of the series I was cheering for all the moments that we've all been waiting for.

Blame it on the writing, if you can grow so attached to certai n characters that you just want to get up and cheer, they're doing something right.
 
to ni ka ku .... I never keen on watching any J Dorama, but DO really gets me hooked. The first J Dorama I've ever watched and I could say so far it's the best :P .. LOL ... I really envy the relationship of Densha and Hermes ... wish I were Densha :P LOL ....
 
I didn't like The character that Itoh Misaki played, her character was just horrible, so clueless and docile. She was so completely different from her friends. Maybe that's why I like Korean dramas more than Japanese ones. Their female characters tend to have more....character in general. :P As a drama it was way too formulaic, but that's the writers fault. And the fact that Itoh Misaki's character is so one-dimensional, I suppose is the lack of information that exists of her in the original posts on 2ch. All of the posts are from the male's perspective so they're mainly physical or outer details.

It wins a decent comedy award for me, but drama award? Never. I never felt a connection to the main character played by Itoh Atsushi, and found his character mainly annoying at times. I liked the Gundam nods like that Amuro Rei guy and Galaxy Express nod in the first finale, but that doesn't make a drama at all.

Comedy wise, thumbs up for me.
Drama wise, thumbs down for me.
 
I can see your point here, Kyusaku and I agree that it's not the TV-drama part that does it but the funny bits and little winks and nods to otaku-related series (I just LOVED the little bit with the shockers: "EEEEEEEE!!!" I remember when I and my gf saw, we burst out loud in laughter. Even though she doesn't like KR at all, she could have a good laugh with it).

Another thing my gf pointed out to me is that she doesn't think so highly of the acting performances of the lead female character (Hermes/Saori), but she did like the performance of the actress playing Jinkama. The reason? It's easy to play the 'nice' girl, but playing the bitch and being able to switch to a pseudo-nice girl in a flash takes more talent.

As for the main male character (Densha), we didn't have a problem to connect with him and at times even felt sorry for him. Sometimes his despair was over the top, but what do you want?

But the one I REALLY loved : his otaku friend with his egg-laying turtle act! He's lingo and facial expressions were just perfect to illustrate the ultimate otaku geek (if I'm not mistaken, he's a comedy actor). I still remember laughing every time I saw him on the screen while my gf kept saying "ue, chou kimoi"
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top