Den-O/Kiva Shochaku comparison with Figuarts?

wavehawk

All Decade's Fault
Just asking: Some people have mentioned on the SH Figuarts threads that the Shochaku Henshin Kiva and Den-O figures are 'close' to Figuarts quality, but I need to know:

Anyone here have a blow-by-blow comparison between them? I'm currently thinking of asking EX to get me a Shochaku Den-O Sword form and Shochaku Kiva, but I need to know the following:
  1. Are the Shochaku Den-O and Kiva roughly the same height as the SH Figuarts figures, or shorter?
  2. Is their articulation (Posability) good enough to match most Figuarts?
  3. How's the detail and quality compared to Figuarts riders?
  4. Cost-wise, are they the same price or less?
  5. Is it possible for the two figures (Shochaku and Figuarts) figures to stand together in the same scene/diorama and not look out of place?

I have an old Shochaku Ultimate Kuuga, and he's nowhere near the look and quality of the Figuarts Kuuga (and he's a lot damn shorter!), so naturally, while I'd want a good pair of Den-O and Kiva figures, I'd want them to fit in with my small but growing set of Rider figures.
 
1. Are the Shochaku Den-O and Kiva roughly the same height as the SH Figuarts figures, or shorter?
Same size
2. Is their articulation (Posability) good enough to match most Figuarts?
Yep
3. How's the detail and quality compared to Figuarts riders?
Same detail. Only difference are the see through bug eyes and more diecast.
4. Cost-wise, are they the same price or less?
Same or less. If you buy them yahoo japan auctions I've seen kiva set go for uner 5000 yen.
5. Is it possible for the two figures (Shochaku and Figuarts) figures to stand together in the same scene/diorama and not look out of place?
http://x13.xanga.com/b8df8a2b58237259964688/b207045981.jpg
http://x55.xanga.com/947f2b3511330260024732/b207096696.jpg
http://x24.xanga.com/f4ef8af225536259618669/b206748667.jpg
http://xfc.xanga.com/596f66fb08735259618670/b206748668.jpg
http://x59.xanga.com/002f772b05d35250072579/w198445969.jpg
You tell me.
 
Last edited:
u will find a cheaper Den-O sword Form on ebay

it will be around 50 bucks at EX and it cost me 25 on ebay

also Kiva, cost me 12 bucks on ebay
 
The reason people like myself are constantly bringing up why we won't get Den-O and Kiva anytime soon is because the last Souchaku Henshin body style used IS the Figuarts body. You know what's different? The feet, and the hip joints if you look at guys like Another Agito or any Kabuto character. Figuarts don't use as much diecast or removable armor, and the eyes are designed to be clear.
 
oh yeah, Kiva has the worst Shoulder armor out there....its horrible!!!!

but love the die cast metal.

I'm hoping they make Kiva soon, so they fix the shoulders
 
it will be around 50 bucks at EX and it cost me 25 on ebay
- I don't trust eBay to tie my shoes; Living in Australia means it'll be cheaper for EX to send me my stuff from Japan, as opposed to paying US$10 on eBay for the product but US$40 or so for shipping.

That, and I'm asking EX to get me a Figuarts Agito Ground Form--I'm trying to see if I can add more stuff so that shipping becomes cheaper overall (plus, stuff I want, of course).
 
- I don't trust eBay to tie my shoes; Living in Australia means it'll be cheaper for EX to send me my stuff from Japan, as opposed to paying US$10 on eBay for the product but US$40 or so for shipping.

That, and I'm asking EX to get me a Figuarts Agito Ground Form--I'm trying to see if I can add more stuff so that shipping becomes cheaper overall (plus, stuff I want, of course).

the store where I got Den-O...it came from Hong Kong

EX told me that Den-O is a rare figure, it will be 50-60

but if its better for you then use EX, I got it at ebay at 30 including shipping

but

get it...it is a sweet figure...just awesome
 
the store where I got Den-O...it came from Hong Kong

EX told me that Den-O is a rare figure, it will be 50-60

but if its better for you then use EX, I got it at ebay at 30 including shipping

but

get it...it is a sweet figure...just awesome

Well, I have a Sword Form myself and I feel the quality is great. The sturdiness and the metal, woot, excellent. I also have Zeronos Zero Form and they both rock. For Den-O, I am planning to pick the other 4 sets available here soon as well (Liner Form, Wing Form and Climax Form) not available here and display them with my DX Liners and the DenBird toy. Each Den-O Souchaku Henshin also comes with mini pass cards with stickers for front and back which looks awesome. The Zeronos Zero Form has the Zero Card stickers LOL.
 
It's a good thing this thread was made because I had the same concern. I plan on making some limited animation / storyboard style videos starring my Souchaku Henshin kiva and Dante from Devil may Cry Revoltech figure, and wondered if the figuarts would look 'Odd' next to Kiva (My Revoltech figures don't look bad next to Kiva).

oh yeah, Kiva has the worst Shoulder armor out there....its horrible!!!!

but love the die cast metal.

I'm hoping they make Kiva soon, so they fix the shoulders

Yeah I don't like the shoulders on the Souchaku Henshin Kiva either, unless I have him in a 'Hadouken' pose or jumping / in-air pose. I'v e run into the problem with the shoulders on my project. Kiva and Dante use guns ALOT in my show and when Kiva takes aim I HAVE to open the shoulder pads which always looks weird.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top