Dear Morons posting OOO spoilers on fb & twitter

I don't think many people actually wait till TVN subs it actually. :eyebrow: But anyways despite everyone's need to not be spoiled or w/e I'd stay away from certain topics if I never want to be spoiled when I know people will be talking about it. Or hell just get off the internet if needed.
However I've never actually pushed myself to make sure something wasn't spoiled. Since well I always enjoy the rode getting there then the end point itself.
 
Well in the future I say people who FK added should just make a custom user group to talk about this stuff since they do know people who watch KR and don't mind spoilers. It's fairly easy to do this now on facebook. This might leave people happy and once you set it up it's just a simple click.
 
First, the study was conducted in a controlled environment using self-contained mystery/twist-based short stories that the subjects probably never intended to read otherwise and to which they consented to being spoiled on in advance as part of the study. The study also focused on the role of suspense in suspense-based stories. This is a very different situation from a person watching a beloved action serial and being spoiled on the events of the ending before they had a chance to watch it.

Second, even the people who conducted the experiment admitted that it's not black and white; note that satisfaction went down when the spoiler was inserted into the story instead of being told in a paragraph in advance. Why is this? We have no way of knowing from the information we're given (at least, it's not described in the press release), but at the very least it's clear that there's more to the science of spoilage than just "spoilers good, stop complaining."

For that, it would probably help if you'd link to the actual press release where the purpose, methodology, and researchers' impressions of the study are discussed in more detail, instead of editorialized versions of the study posted on media sites cherry-picking quotes for the sake of smarmily informing their audience that science says they're wrong for not wanting spoilers.
 
Coming from someone who just started watching OOO (just finished episode 20) and Kamen Rider in general, I tend to stay away from threads or post that have spoilers in them.
For me it depends, if I'm REALLY into a show or comic or book, I try and stay away from all spoilers as much as possible.
I know some of my friends will get VERY mad if someone or I tell them spoilers, some who are like 'meh' about and some who really want to know what's going to happen next. I think it just depends on the person. Usually someone who doesn't want to be spoiled will tend to stay away from threads or post that may contain spoilers until they get up to that part in the show or book.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top