I just got a windfall from Red Packet money during CNY, so I'm thinking of getting a lightsaber.

My budget can stretch up to one of those really cool but really expensive Force FX ones, but I'll list my choices below:

- Top of my list: Build your Ultimate Lightsaber. Really cheap set (US$25; SGD65 I think) that contains many parts to let you build a Lightsaber of any type, whether Jedi or Sith. The box claims that there're over 1000 combinations, which I bet is pure marketing. Anyway, it seems really fun, but I've heard both good and bad comments on its durability. Does anyone have this set and can offer his/her opinion of its durability?

- Force FX: Most likely Luke or Obi-Wan or Maul. I saw a video review and fell in love. Quality is guaranteed.

- Hasbro's electronic Lightsabers: They can extend unlike the Force FX, but they do look a little clumsy. They have sounds though. My top choices are Vader or Dooku.

Those are my three choices, but I'm not sure which to pick. Ultimate Lightsaber is appealing because of its hands-on approach, while the Force FX ones are awesome display items, but the Hasbro ones seem good for some dueling.

My priorities:

- Durability (I want dueling!!!)
- Displayability
- Fun Factor (Like building interchangeable blades; Build your Ultimate Lightsaber falls into this category)

Howzit!

ahhhh, I'd stay away from the first set you mentioned regarding, "1,000 combinations". Too much "junk"...instead of having all those "combo's", I'd just get the Hasbro Lightsabers you mentioned. You can duel with these, as my kid and I have proven, but obviously, you gotta use some control.:p

The Force FX versions are awesome and worth the price IMHO. Dueling with these though...I wouldn't.:sly:

Go for the "quality"...it's kinda like getting a Handy Zecter as opposed to the EX/DX versions...there's just no comparison.:buttrock:

Howzit!

ahhhh, I'd stay away from the first set you mentioned regarding, "1,000 combinations". Too much "junk"...instead of having all those "combo's", I'd just get the Hasbro Lightsabers you mentioned. You can duel with these, as my kid and I have proven, but obviously, you gotta use some control.:p

The Force FX versions are awesome and worth the price IMHO. Dueling with these though...I wouldn't.:sly:

Go for the "quality"...it's kinda like getting a Handy Zecter as opposed to the EX/DX versions...there's just no comparison.:buttrock:

Alrighty, I think I'm getting a Hasbro. I hope I won't spoil it if I go all out in dueling. :anime:

Alrighty, I think I'm getting a Hasbro. I hope I won't spoil it if I go all out in dueling. :anime:

Yeah...I got the Anakin Color Change version...the red is okay, but when ya switch it to blue, that sucker is bright!:thumbs: My kid uses the Windu...kinda dull at night, but it's cool in that it has "motion activated" sound effects. The Yoda one talks too much in "Jedi Trainer Mode"...:laugh:

Be advised, the handles are friggin' fat, but for light dueling and decent durability, the Hasbro's are not to bad. I mean, they have lasted during our "duels"! Just don't be too disappointed on the dimness of the red...:disappoin

Ahhhh, but why am I talking Lightsabers? Gimme a Perfect Zecter anyday! LOL!!!