Cartoon Heaven - When the 80's Ruled the Earth

Keith "JC" Hayward said:
That's a bad comparison. The 80's wasn't all gold. No decade is.

I better comparison is each decade's greatests. Like would you prefer Thundercats or Beast Wars?

Thundercats, Beast Wars was too connected to its' G1 roots to act as a fair stand alone, maybe if you had said Thundercats and REBOOT, thats' much better. (Dont' get me wrong, I love Beast Wars)

Or G.I. Joe or Gargoyles?

Equally as good as the other

Funny, both of those series each also had two abysmal follow ups (G.I Joe DIC, and Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles) :laugh:


Now, would you want Krypto the Superdog or the Get Along Gang?

I've downloaded a lot of the Get Along Gang, still holds up, a lot of the cartoons still do today

Quite frankly, I think the only reason pull yank their weiners out for Krypto is because Paul Dini was behind some of it

Besides, no cartoon today has a good ending theme, remember "No Guts, No Glory?"
 
Remember it? I have all 4 volumes of Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers on DVD...and it was the opening theme, not the ending ;)

-RF
 
some how I think my area got cheated a bit because I never saw Voyagers or Galaxy Rangers
 
Skyknight said:
Funny, both of those series each also had two abysmal follow ups (G.I Joe DIC, and Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles) :laugh:

Ahh, the DIC G.I. Joe. For all the flack it takes, I'll always love how the first few episodes basically tried to undo the whole thing with Cobra Commander that happened in the movie. CC is, and always will be, a man, dammit!

That said, the opening sequence of the Joe movie is amazing, both animation-wise and conceptually. :laugh:
 
Igadevil said:
Ahh, the DIC G.I. Joe. For all the flack it takes, I'll always love how the first few episodes basically tried to undo the whole thing with Cobra Commander that happened in the movie. CC is, and always will be, a man, dammit!

That said, the opening sequence of the Joe movie is amazing, both animation-wise and conceptually. :laugh:


I loved the movie, if only they had just kept the god forsaken Cobra-La element out of it, the development with Falcon, the "death" of Duke (I dont' care if that coma line is heard, he died as far as I'm concerned), the B.E.T hijacking, that was classic GI Joe, everything else was an excuse to make it look bigger.
 
I won my auction for Voyagers on DVD and it shipped today. So barring any unforseen mail delays (and this being the holiday season, i know there's gonna be) I should be watching the show near the end of the week!

-RF
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top