General Discussion Can You Handle The Truth?

I disagree. You told your wife that some pants didn't look good on her. Who says that to their wife? Lol. If the opportunity arises, and you are asked to choose between two items of clothing, than go with one and give positive reasons, not negative. Things will turn out just fine lol. She may even consult with you about what clothes to wear again.

So now it's my fault lol? Come on, you are giving us reason, I shouldn't have told her, I've learned my lesson... :) I'm totally off the loop now, she appears with new clothes and I'm not even consulted, she gave up on me. :D

Most women are very sensitive :p I remember we had a TV ad talking about that, the TV ad was basically showing a couple. They showed two scenes, in one the guy said she looked a bit fat in that dress, lol. In the another one he didn't and she was so happy! LOL. That ad explained my point very well.

You should NEVER tell a woman she looks fat in x piece of clothing, even is she asks you if she looks fat. After all she's just seeking your approval and reassurance at the same time.

Sometimes my poor woman looks really crappy with some clothing, but she's really happy about it and I tell her "you look great" lol, it's her fault, I can't tell her the truth! I love her anyway so... :D

Awww, I hope my boyfriend does the same, lol. I really don´t like it when he makes a negative comment on my clothes or hair, I just can´t shake that off and I feel a bit insecure if he does. He should know better :oops:

The truth always comes to bite you later. but sometimes it's worth the bite if hiding the truth can safe a situation. The raw truth hurts, and if you can't tell it in a way that won't hurt the listener, then spare them the agony until you know they can handle it. I was once told a truth before I could emotionally handle it - that was a really bitter pill to swallow and the information has only caused me pain, even if it's ten years later.

The truth always comes to bite you later. but sometimes it's worth the bite if hiding the truth can safe a situation. The raw truth hurts, and if you can't tell it in a way that won't hurt the listener, then spare them the agony until you know they can handle it. I was once told a truth before I could emotionally handle it - that was a really bitter pill to swallow and the information has only caused me pain, even if it's ten years later.

The truth can go hidden for years, and it does have a funny way of working it's way to the surface and making a spectacle of itself, demanding everyone and anyone's attention. But let's face it, there are also those times when the truth remains hidden.

Most people are afraid of the truth because they think it can be hurtful. I would rather someone tell me the truth then letting me find out the hard way.

I'm sure you always look great Trellum, don't we all? :p

I don't mean to brag or anything like that, but today I looked amazing, lol. I wore some make up, some nice clothes and voila! I felt like my former self again!

Well, a picture would be necessary to prove it! :p

I really don't like make up or perfumes and so on, I prefer my wife when she's with nothing of those stuff, apart from the looks I am allergic too.

Well, I think you have already seen the picture I'm talking about in the other forum :p (Gearhead Central). I use it as my avatar, I felt so well that day :)

Ow bummer! You remind me I need to buy some perfume before my trip... my boyfriend like ''Ralph'' by Ralph Laurent. It's a very clean fragance, I mean... not too sweetish or annoying. It smells like ''clean'', that's how my mom describes it at least.