General Discussion Can You Handle The Truth?

I flippin LOVE the truth. I have so much respect for those who speak their mind and what they stand for, as long as the intentions aren't negative. Most people can't handle the truth when it doesn't match their own thoughts or ideals.. then they flat out wither in denial and think you a fool for it. Especially when it's a truth that involves them. I know plenty of people who say they're brutally honest and want the same in return, but man oh man when they get what they ask for... LOL. People are frustrating :p

It's not always a matter of someone "handling the truth" but rather the motives and intentions of the person "dishing out the truth". It drives me nuts when someone calls someone else "fat" or tells someone that they've gotten fat. No ****. Do you honestly think they haven't realized that yet? What type of response do you expect? "Oh my god, really? I was wondering why my pants weren't fitting lately! Thank you so much for catching that!"

There are people who routinely like to insult others as a means of feeling better or superior about themselves, then don't want to own up to their own actions and simply dismiss it as speaking the "truth".

It's not always a matter of someone "handling the truth" but rather the motives and intentions of the person "dishing out the truth". It drives me nuts when someone calls someone else "fat" or tells someone that they've gotten fat. No ****. Do you honestly think they haven't realized that yet? What type of response do you expect? "Oh my god, really? I was wondering why my pants weren't fitting lately! Thank you so much for catching that!"

There are people who routinely like to insult others as a means of feeling better or superior about themselves, then don't want to own up to their own actions and simply dismiss it as speaking the "truth".

This. If the truth hurts and it's not asked, don't tell it lol. Unless, I don't know.. it saves a life or something? it's all about the intentions. if I ask you to tell me the truth, I want the damned truth lol.. if I don't ask you.. well, it depends. I'll take anything I can learn from, but if it's to hurt my feelings, you can bite me :p (not you you, the general you, lol)

Well, I think you have already seen the picture I'm talking about in the other forum :p (Gearhead Central). I use it as my avatar, I felt so well that day :)

Ow bummer! You remind me I need to buy some perfume before my trip... my boyfriend like ''Ralph'' by Ralph Laurent. It's a very clean fragance, I mean... not too sweetish or annoying. It smells like ''clean'', that's how my mom describes it at least.

I feel somewhat sorry for the wife, I think all the women (at least most) enjoy perfumes and makeup and ear-rings and stuff and I really like nothing of that...

Ouch, really?? You don't like make up or you are allergic to it? I personally enjoy perfumes, so does my boyfriend, but we light light and clean fragances :) Ugh, not things like ''Amor Amor''. I tried that perfume in a store, and I swear it felt like it was irritating my skin a little! Plus the smell was too intense, and strange... it seemed it had some cinnamon throwin in the mix :confused::D