Buffy The Vampyr Slayer Season 7 - Talkback

Forever Knight

Eye See You
group_2037.jpg

This past January I purchased the CHOSEN COLLECTION DVD box set from Buffy which includes 40 DVDs, All 7 Seasons, with 144 episodes in total.

After completing the Angel series last year I needed more of the Vampire verse.

I managed to watch Season 1-6 in about a 2 month period thanks to being able to watch stuff at work. It was awesome to revist all the episodes I remember watching back many years ago. I stopped watching the series originally in mid season 6 (2001) but I would catch an episode from time to time including the finale.

Anyway, I started Season 7 up with the first 2 episodes and I must say I'm really enjoying it. Sunnydale being revived was a cool idea and I know damn well that Principal Wood guy is after Spike for killing his Mom. The haunted Sunnydale was great aswell. I really liked seeing the new Evil walking around Spike and transforming into the forms of the previous seasons' villians. What an awesome scene.

Episode 2 was even better with Xander trying to get back into the dating game and Anya & Buffy figuring out that Spike got his soul back, yet not chip removal. My favourite scene was when Spike was walking in the dark and then literally hung himself off that cross and began to smoke. The was some really awesome stuff.

I also noticed at the beginning of both episodes other Potential Slayers were killed by Druids.

I've seen maybe 2-4 episodes of Season 7 a few years ago but I can't really remember what happend. So I'm really excited for this season.

I heard that the fans backlashed on Joss Whedon for making Season 6 so dark so the writers had to lighten up a bit for Season 7. But from the 2 episodes I've seen it still seems darker than previous seasons.
 
Last edited:
I'm thinkin about pickin' up that Collected Boxset. I've only seen an ep or two of Buffy.
 
It cost me around $275 Canadian and it was worth every penny.

Another thing, ya' know during the PRiS-PRWF era? when there were epic scenes with dramatic music? ie. Andros walking off the megaship holding Karone etc..? Well all of that stuff was derived from the Buffyverse. You'll understand what I mean after you watch it.

I guess Tzachor, Lynn, and Marchand were big Buffy fans during that time.
 
It's $200 around my way but I found a spot that got it for $150. I'll probably get it when I can spare the cash.
 
There is no way you will be dissapointed.

Season 1 is only 12 episodes and is pretty much the intro to the series.
Season 2 is where **** begins to pick up.

Straight up I have not been dissapointed with any episodes or seasons so far.

There is also an ANGEL Collection Box set with 30 DVDs and contains All 5 seasons. Angel is overall a better and darker series than Buffy too. The set is only availible in the UK. Hopefully it's released in North America very soon.
 
I've been holding out for a similar set of Angel. The single season volumes have been very tempting. I seen alot more Angel than Buffy. Loved the intro theme.
 
I already have the Buffy dvds :D

Season 7 was relly good though. Some episodes were alright. I only have the season 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 dvd box sets. I don't have season 1 and 2 as I didn't care much for those two seasons
 
considering the fact that i'm broke, i just borrow the DVD's from my local library, you'd be surprised at the stuff your library has.......

This has been an informational commercial paid for by the "No Child Left Behind Act"
 
Forever Knight said:
Yeah, Angel was the ****.

If you really like Angel then you will enjoy Buffy Season 1-3 the most. Especially Season 2.

My cousin told me they sort of retold (and retooled) the movie using the TV actors in Season 2. Is that true? If so that's pretty awesome. I remember watching the Kristy Swanson movie when I was a little young-un. Heard they tweaked the story a little and added Angel to it, peeping from the shadows.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top