Best Kamen Rider Era- Showa or Heisei?

always Showa no Guns no Vampires No time Travel No Inter dimensional Travel Just rider Vs SHOCKER
 
Kamen+Rider+1+(transfor).jpg

1971



2mmb9u1.jpg

2009

immortalman.jpg

1974
77727201007010435211001.jpg

2010

14o9mpw.jpg


I also posted this on kitsub's facebook and http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=69493:

Am I the only one who thinks that Showa riders were hotter than those on Heisei? :sweat:

Since I've watched Kamen Rider by kitsubs and watching clips on youtube. They're really handsome and I miss the handsome manly looks in Kamen rider series :buttrock: (especially Minami Kotarou and ZOs clothing style)
 
Last edited:
It also had Kuuga :)

Well of course it isnt, youre a girl. And girls have less a problem with it. The problem is that some dude and semi fem men dont look cool. On top of that they always have to be really young and theyre always rookies (in terms of the role they play and the actors themselves). If Bruce Wayne outside his suit was wearing pink hairpins and all types of stuff he'd be the last person I consider cool or appealing. Thats uh, why you put female characters in these shows, you know, to act like the females. Then it would be no problem.

But as you said in an earlier post, that look is popular in Japan - and they don't give a **** about whether western fanboys think the actors are "manly" enough. Also, most Rider leads are in their teens now, whereas Showa-era leads tended to be in their mid-20s and thus had more "masculine" features. Even Masaki Suda looks a lot more grown-up now than he did when he was cast as Philip at 16
 
Last edited:
It also had Kuuga :)



But as you said in an earlier post, that look is popular in Japan - and they don't give a **** about whether western fanboys think the actors are "manly" enough. Also, most Rider leads are in their teens now, whereas Showa-era leads tended to be in their mid-20s and thus had more "masculine" features. Even Masaki Suda looks a lot more grown-up now than he did when he was cast as Philip at 16

Actually he does, since I was speaking of Kamen rider, and Heisei in general. And last time I checked, Kamen Rider = Heisei right now. And hes pretty darn fem.

Well of course it isnt, youre a girl. And girls have less a problem with it. The problem is that some dude and semi fem men dont look cool. On top of that they always have to be really young and theyre always rookies (in terms of the role they play and the actors themselves). If Bruce Wayne outside his suit was wearing pink hairpins and all types of stuff he'd be the last person I consider cool or appealing. Thats uh, why you put female characters in these shows, you know, to act like the females. Then it would be no problem.

Like I said before: Stunts and fighting showman (in terms of the suit actors) have gone down
The merchandising is sickening/annoying
Alot of the prettyboys cant act
Overall story quality has gone down because of too much focus the merchandising
Overall quality of designs have gone down because everything gets design with more thought of being a toy then anything else

So uh, whats improved?
Special effects
Pretty boys (n the latest prettiest fashion, including womans clothing)
Cool toys

So uh.. Whats that? Oh, things that look nice. Yeah, in order for something to be good it has to look nice and make money, that should work. Because after all people only want to look at pretty things, that way they can more and buy all the stuff. It looks cool! That means its good!

Right, well Im probably the only one who finds it funny that you have to resort to nit picking and personal insults because I shared my side of the agrument. Ill just treat you like beetlejuice from now on, a joke. :thumbs:

(This poll is about KR's showa vs heisei actors' looks) This is the hottest Kamen Rider Thread:

http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=69493

I am a girl and....

If I saw Brad Pitt having hair pins, I'll :laugh:
 
I'll rather have the 1988 and this:

I really like his smile in 1:05 esp. at the end. :rolleyes2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaJX3pBPXvs"]YouTube - ‪The Greatest Ambush Ever‬‏[/ame]
 
Honestly, nowadays I think that it's really detrimental to have to choose sides on this. as it is, I now see it all as Kamen Rider; it's had its ups and downs, and it's still a series that's kept its traditions and hasn't forgotten its roots, but has also kept advancing

I think what's more important than trying to decide one what part of the series' lifespan is better is to be able to enjoy what you enjoy about it and also accept all of it as a whole
 
Showa Era, because back in the day, you could practically get away with pretty much anything in a kids show
1) BLOOOODDD!!!!

2)Hot Shocker Chicks

3) NAZIS!!!!!!!!!

NOTE:this is coming from a guy who have seen almost the first 5 episode of the Original Kamen Rider
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top