As someone who hasn't seen any Kamen Rider before Decade...

What's next, episode 27 or the movie?

Den-O: 27->1st movie->28

Kiva's movie isn't in continuity at all. It aired between episodes 27 and 28 though.

Considering the equipment used in the movie, it should be watched at some point between episodes 24 and 27. However, the characterization is closer to right after episode 31. It's doesn't really fit anywhere though, because it's not meant to be part of the show. They even use one of the show's actors in a completely different role.
 
The Decade movie (all riders vs. dai shocker) was meant to be the REAL end, and not with the W team up B.S.end. There was a manga that got released but no one has translated or even heard of yet which is closer to the original script for the Decade ending. And of course, W doesnt show up in the manga to beat Shadowmoon which Kuuga and Decade couldn't beat together.

But of course, Bandai and Toei wanted to cash in on whatever they want so they did a promo thing in it by half-assly intorducing W. Same with the W movie, they 1/3 assed-ly intorduced OOO.

To be honest I've heard of people getting into the Rider series through DCD, and its not a bad place to start. Some of the plot points in DCD might have spoiled the original series, but not most of them. Its more like a "what if" scenario in DCD compared to the original series. Like if the originals had 1) event A and 2) event B happening, but not 3) even C and 4) even D, DCD would have the latter two happening and not the first two.

I actually finished watching Kuuga when DCD just started airing, and rushed to finish Agito in bad subs right b4 they got to the Agito World arc. Its nice how they made the twist and turns to each story arc, the only bad thing about DCD was that it was released during the recession so it only had 31 ep.s and not the full 49 or 50 like all the other rider series, so some things might not be properly explained. But if you can get your hands on the manga that I mentioned earlier it'll make more sense and feel more complete as a whole. :castlerock:
 
But if you can get your hands on the manga that I mentioned earlier it'll make more sense and feel more complete as a whole.

Huh... no. Things won't "make sense". The fully scanned manga was posted on 4chan's /m/ board a while back, although I don't know if they were stored anywhere.

In any case, it won't make sense or make anything feel more complete because the manga (and the original script, if the manga was really closer to it) doesn't line up with how the series actually turned out.

Basically, the plot hook of the show mentioned in the first episode, the fusion of the worlds, seemingly had already been resolved by the time that All Riders' story started originally, so the manga doesn't solve people's main problem with Decade, the resolution of the fusion of worlds story given by Movie Wars 2010.

The All Riders movie that we got had basically the same story as the manga, only with some stuff tweaked to make it fit before the resolution of the "fusion of worlds" story (like Eijiro surviving, the fusion of worlds continuing and the brief mention of Tsukasa's real journey not having started yet) and to promote Double.

Aside from that, the manga keeps most of the revelations of the All Riders movie, like Decade as the Great Leader and such. The manga does have a few neat touches, like starting with another one of Natsumi's dreams rather than the Amazon battle, and one main advantage compared to the actual movie though - no Double stealing the Shadow Moon battle, but, aside from that, the differences are just minor details and different Rider/monster cameos. The overall flow of the story is the same.
 
Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the help. I got right back into watching and forget to actually reply here. Sorry about that. Much appreciated.

Sucks that Kiva's movie isn't canon. I don't get the sense in that.

I've been moving forward...and backward...and back and forth... I've jumped into Kabuto, and I feel a change that I knew I would hit at some point going back. Watching multiple seasons at a time makes it easier to ease into that. Once I finish Den-O (11 episodes to go!), it's another step back to Hibiki!
 
A lot of hate for decade, I thought it was a well liked show.

In Japan

But on HJU, Decade has a VERY VOCAL MINORITY of haters.

But then again as a fan of Decade, some of the negative criticism that Decade gets is warranted
 
Oh, hey, another question! The director's cut for episodes 47-49 of Den-O seem to have a shorter running time than one would expect... only one main title and whatnot would cut down time needed, but is anything else taken out?
 
Oh, hey, another question! The director's cut for episodes 47-49 of Den-O seem to have a shorter running time than one would expect... only one main title and whatnot would cut down time needed, but is anything else taken out?

There are some added scenes, the lost time is just due to recaps/previews/openings.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top