As someone who hasn't seen any Kamen Rider before Decade...

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Well to be franked, the show had absolutely nothing to do with a connections of the previous Rider shows. The whole AR worlds were a mockery of a few backgrounds from the themes and motives of the 9 Heisei Riders and the 15 Showa Riders.

The only exceptions were Hibiki's world, Faiz's World, and Kabuto's World. The rest was done in Inoue's poor writing.

Much to Keith's chargin...

If the Rider Worlds merge and were destroyed, the only rider to get out of it alive is Den-O.

:sayin:

...especially after what occurred in Cho Den-O Trilogy, Decade wouldn't be able to effect Den-O's world even if he wanted to. Why you think Decade sucked using Den-O, it's essentially his kryptonite.:sweat:

While none fo the AR Worlds had anything to do with the original ones, except for Den-O, Shinkengers, & RX. They still gave an idea on what they were like. Those who say that Decade is a bad place to start, mostly saw the original ones first and can't accept any other versions of them. While I admit that some of the AR worlds were an improvement. Like in Ryuki's where the Riders were fighting to decide the fate of a defendant, which is more worth fighting for than a wish. Even Diend's World versions of Lance & Larc were protrayed as kinder people, compaired to the original versions where they were obnoxious jerks.

While I admit that execution wasn't the best. It was still exciting to watch. Especially where you take all of the Riders & monsters and mix them up against each other. Like having Heisei Riders against Showa Monsters, etc.

But to be honest, Decade didn't turned out the way everyone expected to, thus the hatred to this very day. And it's not just it's execution, but almost every little detail to what they think is wrong.

Peek a Boo!
Well to be franked, the show had absolutely nothing to do with a connections of the previous Rider shows. The whole AR worlds were a mockery of a few backgrounds from the themes and motives of the 9 Heisei Riders and the 15 Showa Riders.

The only exceptions were Hibiki's world, Faiz's World, and Kabuto's World. The rest was done in Inoue's poor writing.
Why is it everbody blame Toshiki Inoue for the bad writing in Decade? Seriously, the only arcs Inoue wrote were the crappy Nega and Diend World arcs. The first half was mostly written by Sho Aikawa and the most of the second half was written by Shoji Yonemura.

Why is it everbody blame Toshiki Inoue for the bad writing in Decade? Seriously, the only arcs Inoue wrote were the crappy Nega and Diend World arcs. The first half was mostly written by Sho Aikawa and the most of the second half was written by Shoji Yonemura.

Not to mention that some people thought that the first half of Decade was written pretty well. In fact Kobayashi was the one that wrote the Den-O & Shinkenger arcs, since she knows how their characters work.

Peek a Boo!
^ I find the first half enjoyable too, but after thinking for quite sometime now, it felt most part of it is Decade power-up episode extravaganza. To be honest, I enjoy the second half more since it is about how they flesh Tsukasa more as a person without him doing his speeches.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

One question that I forgot to ask... Is there any particular reason that Agito looks like a form of Kuuga?

Decade was a bad place to start.
Those who say that Decade is a bad place to start, mostly saw the original ones first and can't accept any other versions of them.

I didn't start with Decade, it was just the first series I finished. Admittedly, I'm saying this without having seen the prior series, but I think watching Decade before the others is the way to go. As far as worlds and characters being different, part of me wants to say "get over it." However, I was raised on Power Rangers. If Gokaiger is adapted and some random guy shows up and tries to pass himself off as, say, Tommy's green MMPR ranger, I wouldn't be too thrilled.

Having only seen most Riders and their worlds for two episodes, I won't be terribly bothered if they're different when I watch the series they represent. In theory, Decade would work the other way around, as a series for Kamen Rider fanboys. In practice, it's done as I'd hope and given me a taste and desire to watch the other series.

Throw out everything you know about Decade before starting with anything else.
...Why?

Watch Kamen Rider Double for a feel at least because it is a Heisei series with no features in Decade beside the movie appearances.
I'm not sure if you're unaware that I've seen W, despite saying that I'd seen 22 episodes in my first sentence (24, now) OR if you're just telling me how to watch it. Thank you for your recommendations, but your advice was a bit heavy-handed.

And, of course, although alt.Kuuga was generally well received in his own arc, later episodes, often ignoring that he was a Rider or even part of his character (Nega and Diend worlds) just annoyed people and left many with a negative opinion about him.
I actually liked Yuusuke, but I hated that he went about half the series without a henshin. I watched four episodes of Decade and I wasn't too thrilled with it, so I went for some time without watching any. I really came to enjoy to it upon my return, but eventually, I went back to find out if I had just forgotten that Yuusuke lost his powers. Nope. He just didn't use them.

All Riders is canon.
Ostensibly it's canon.
So...is there no official word on this or what?

Takes place between Amazon and Rider War World.
Most books place it either after Amazon World (the Terebikun Deluxe book) or outside the TV timeline completely (the Official Data Files) but just watching the movie and the TV episodes it takes place between, you can see a lot of things don't add up.
I'd always felt it fit best after RX world, considering that the backdrop that falls at the end of episode 27 shows Amazon in the jungle, and the first shot of All Riders is Decade and Amazon fighting in the jungle. I had just figured that was an intentional transition.

But when All Riders jumps back to three days earlier, the chronological beginning, there's a different background...the background of what is Tsukasa's world. Both the Black/RX and Amazon arcs end with new backgrounds falling, neither of which are Tsukasa's world.

there are a few hints in the show itself (like Tsukasa suddenly stopping complaining about not having a world in the two last episodes
But in Movie Wars, Tsukasa says the journey through the worlds is his world.

One question that I forgot to ask... Is there any particular reason that Agito looks like a form of Kuuga?

It is just a design thing from back then. Agito is a sequel to Kuuga, but the two Riders have no connection with each other, and their powers are completely different. Kuuga does not even show up in Agito, although the secondary police Rider (G3) was based on him.

While we are at it, Kuuga was based on a bug, while Agito is actually supposed to be based on a dragon. So they were never meant to be similar.

So...is there no official word on this or what?

There is official word. At least two official publications (Kamen Rider Decade Ride The Decade and Super Complete series - second volume) specifically list it happening between 29 and 30, although there's no official explanation about how the episodes flow into that story. Some other publications didn't bother fitting it anywhere, but I don't think I've ever read about one of them plainly saying that it wasn't in continuity.

Although, like Igadevil says, there are some problems, but that position seems to be the official one.

But when All Riders jumps back to three days earlier, the chronological beginning, there's a different background...the background of what is Tsukasa's world. Both the Black/RX and Amazon arcs end with new backgrounds falling, neither of which are Tsukasa's world.

Well, obviously something happened between the episodes. That something is never explained though, not even by the material that says that the movie goes in that postion.

The flashback to Eijiro's reaction shot to the Rider War World wallpaper in episode 30 doesn't match the episode 29 footage too.

The Den-O episodes also ended with the Kabuto wallpaper having dropped, but they're still in the Den-O World in the Chou Den-O & Decade movie. Although it was easier to see that it was the tie in point due to the focus on Sieg and the map with Momotaros, there was still the same situation regarding the wallpapers.

It's not like the characters need to start an episode right after the next one. Most beginning of arc episodes seemed to show that some time had passed, with the characters waking up and such. The narrative in the tv series itself generally implies that they're just going from one world to another without ever middle point stop gaps or returning to previous worlds, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

But in Movie Wars, Tsukasa says the journey through the worlds is his world.

The picture of Tsukasa leaving his sister from the movie is shown in the second Black RX/Black episode though (the one that Eijiro picks up and arranges).

Anyway, there's a bit of difference there. The world shown in the movie is generally officially named "Tsukasa's World", not "Decade's World".

He wasn't active as Decade there, that's probably why he had no story/world to be brought back alongside the other Riders in Movie Wars. He returned thanks to the memories that he made during his travels, so his travel was his "story/world" as "Decade".

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
The picture of Tsukasa leaving his sister from the movie is shown in the second Black RX/Black episode though (the one that Eijiro picks up and arranges).

But, how was that even possible?! I thought the movie took place 29 seconds after Amazon's world.:confused2