Anyone Tired of Star Wars Clone War Related Media...??

The Clone Wars were a huge disappointment for me. I was hoping for like Mandaloreans versus the Jedi or some cool stuff like that like it was originally supposed to be. Anakin sucks, the Jedi turned out to be weak and have no character. They looked like the guys who play dress up at Mideval Times and fight with swords. I appreciate some things about the Prequel Trilogy but a growing part of me wishes it was never ever made.

But while I don't like the Clone Wars at all, the CG TV show is pretty good.

The mandalorians are in season 2 of The Clone Wars ;)
 
It's cruel I know but I kind of savored that if only because the hype was so extreme and everybody had such a boner for Maul at the time it was ridiculous. There was all this smack about how he could easily beat Vader because he does jump moves, has the double-blade saber and is all so grr rarr OMGtehbad@$$!.

Might have been sweeter if he could have lasted the other two movies and then had Vader pwn him right out of the gate kinda like how Shadowmoon bitched Birugenia in KR Black.

they need another badass sith again...
 
Honestly at this point I wish we'd never even seen Anakins back story at all. I think in hindsight it might have been better off that way.

I hear you on that.

The same question always crosses my mind as I watch the prequel trilogy: Did we really needed to see how Darth Vader became Darth Vader? Wasn't Ben Kenobi's recollection of how Darth Vader became what he is enough?

From my standpoint, the prequel trilogy has ruined a lot of aspects in the original trilogy. I'll try to sum them up in three points:

1) Thousands of governments were gullible enough to allow Palpatine to become emperor, and furthermore change the Republic into the Imperial Empire. Suddenly one man claims himself as emperor and no one steps forward against the idea? Hey, I understand that Palpatine's a powerful Sith Lord and all, but wouldn't it make more sense to have him rule the other governments with fear rather than persuasive speech? Why not have one government oppose Palpatine's ideas and then show him get blasted into cannon fodder in the next frame? That would persuade the senate pretty well don't you think?

2) Caring for your loved one turns you towards the dark side. Nuff' said.

3) Having Darth Vader be C-3PO's creator. Again, nuff' said.
 
1) Thousands of governments were gullible enough to allow Palpatine to become emperor, and furthermore change the Republic into the Imperial Empire. Suddenly one man claims himself as emperor and no one steps forward against the idea? Hey, I understand that Palpatine's a powerful Sith Lord and all, but wouldn't it make more sense to have him rule the other governments with fear rather than persuasive speech? Why not have one government oppose Palpatine's ideas and then show him get blasted into cannon fodder in the next frame?
It wasn't that abrupt, though. He had been working his way up the ranks since TPM. By the time of RotS, everyone loved Palpatine, he was basically the voice of the Republic. We had an "opposing" group, we had the Separatists. And Palpatine was the hero of both sides. The man was a freaking genius. And besides, by the time of ANH, the Empire basically was ruling with fear. People obviously saw through his charade eventually, otherwise there wouldn't have been a rebel alliance.
2) Caring for your loved one turns you towards the dark side. Nuff' said.

It's more complex than that. The irrational choices you might make if you're emotionally involved with another person could lead you to the dark side. And with a loose cannon like Anakin, it did. Luke having his sister threatened was almost enough to push him over the edge.
 
The Battlefront Games that take on the clone wars are the most fun.

I'm excited for Battlefront Elite Squadron because it will have Ground to Space battles which are going to make it a hell of a lot more fun. Not to mention there are going to be a total of 4 Battlefront games for the PSP.

2
Renegade Squadron
Elite Squadron [comes out November 3rd 2009]
3 [comes out sometime 2010]

all of which have something of the clone wars which make it really really fucking epic.

Dear LucasArts. Make at least 1 battlefront for PSP have the KOTOR saga for space and ground. thank you.
 
Ian McDiarmid (Senator Palpatine) was the best actor of the entire prequels. he did a pretty awesome job and was most believable in his role...everyone else sound like they were reading off the paper on the side while filming...
 
All the stuff that turned off Star Wars fans in the first place is now getting an unending stream of media.
Not really. The prequels are immensely popular, especially The Clone Wars stuff. Hence why there is an extra emphasis on Episode I - III era stuff, and less on the original. And why **** like the battledroids and double-lightsabres have been added to post-ROTJ licensed projects, like the books and comics.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top