Anyone fail Drivers License test first time or unlicensed?

Kitt Taylor

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
So Monday, April 5th, I went to take my Drivers License test, I knew where everything was in the car but as soon as we got to an uncontrolled intersection, I stopped and saw cars coming, I calculated my timing and theirs and decided that I may be able to make it so I started to make the turn but the examiner stopped me right while I was turning which pretty much screwed me over, we drove back to the DMV and I was ticked off, frustrated and mad because I know I could've made it if it wasn't for the examiner. I'm 17, turning 18 in July and live in California, I have to wait until May to retake it because there are no sooner openings, any DMV horror stories you guys have?
 
This a good thread, cuz I'm a little worried. Nah, can't say I have this type of story...yet.

I take my road test April 21st. I'm worried about my parrellel parking, and just remembering to put my signal on in time beforre turns because sometimes I put it on a little late.
 
I managed to pass my written and road tests without any problems at all on the first try.

In Canada, you have to take a written test (G1 learner's permit), a first road test (G2), and then a second road test (G).
How does it work in the US?
 
I did the written exam once and passed but the driver instructor for the practical part really drove me mad and in the end I just didn't go for the road test and haven't bothered since.
 
I too failed the first time - I'm not even going to say some of my mistakes because they were just plain stupid. I managed to pass the second time though - there's a smaller town south of where I live that has a much simpler driving test, so I say if you know of a place where a driving test is simpler - GO THERE!
 
I'm getting ready to take mine within the next week or so because my job requires it. I really hope that I don't fail.
 
I had to take the written exam twice. i failed it by one question on my first try. went the next day and passed it. As for the Driver's Test,i passed the first time. it wasn't as bad as i thought it was. the only part i was nervous or thinking about was Parallel Parking. which i didn't have to do.(i was pretty surprised about that) everything else went pretty smooth.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…