Deinfluencer,Fail to get subscribers or your life will be canceled…Literally

Administrator
Staff member
Deinfluencer is a horror film that is a social commentary about Social Media and fame. Back in 2019, Children and teenagers got surveyed about what they wanted to be when they grew up. Only a few of them want to be a Doctor, Engineers, Teachers, or Lawyers. Most of them answered they wanted to be a Youtuber or Vlogger. Young people have been desperate to become influencers, and some of them are dropping out of school. 
Clout is like a drug to people because they love people’s approval online.
The movie might influence some real-life Youtube conspiracies. There was a time when people thought influencer Marina Joyce was kidnapped and forced to do Vlogs. Mukbanger Kate Yap was a subject of multiple conspiracy theories that she was under the custody of someone who forced her to do Mukbang videos.
Deinfluencer Trailer

Kelly...

Continue reading...

Horror movies these days loves killing influencers. Is it because Hollywood knows they are being replaced by people with smartphones on their faces.

They made a movie out of Kate Yap! The concept is interesting but the people in charge of the film not so much.

I can really see the Kate Yap comparison, she also disappeared and stop making videos. I remember people thinking she is making morse code tring to ask for help.

The concept looks original but it looks like a bad movie. I had seen so many concepts that would have been great in the hands of another director or writer. What a waste of an interesting plot.