Anyone else would like to more toku from the 70's throughthe early 80's subbed?

BEcause a lot of toku don't like watching raws(myself included), I would like to see more 70's and early 80's toku subbed. These past few yews, toku from the late 80's though the 90's are getting more attention. I think that younger toku fans should get the chance to see old school toku subbed.

The question is who wouldn't want more old shows subbed? Also the question is who besides HNT will actually sub a complete show instead of quitting one or two months later?

Nice post!!
Judging from the DL numbers when someone releases a sub of a vintage show? Apparently a lot of people just don't care about watching the old stuff.

So when someone does start an old show, it's important to get discussions about it going and make sure the subbers know that we care. Subbers feeling like "no one cares" is what leads to dropped projects.

(Well, that and older stuff being harder to work on... and most likely to be worked on by older people, with more demands on their time.)

Yes! Please somebody sub more old shows! It doesn't even matter which ones, all old tokusatsu shows are pure gold to me!

Brave Sound~
perhaps those who don't download older show subs should speak up why they don't?

Personally it's just that I limit myself to only downloading one show weekly across the span of a year. If I had more internet to spare I would definitely download some episodes of V3 or something. I don't though, and it disappoints me that because we don't see a lot of older shows subbed that there's not even the chance of streaming them online.

Mad Skillz
I think part of the problem is that a lot of people just don't know certain shows are being subbed. Most people only head to TV-N and think if it's not there, then it hasn't been subbed.

Brave Sound~
I think part of the problem is that a lot of people just don't know certain shows are being subbed. Most people only head to TV-N and think if it's not there, then it hasn't been subbed.

always look at the related videos kids :thumbs:

D

Dr Kain

Well yes and no. To be honest, I have watched several episodes from the series from the 70s and 80s, and right now, I just have not been able to get into anything before Liveman. Flashman and Changeman have great ideas, but the majority of the first 10 episodes (all that I have seen from either) have been okay (well eps 6 and 7 to Flash are terrible). The others before it though have been horrible. Actually, it is really hard for me to get into the series that run 25 minutes and I do not know why. It just feels like the episodes are two hours long, especially Dynaman. Of course, Bioman is 19 minutes but that was pretty lacking as well. It started out good, had some interesting events occur, but in the long run, I was not impressed at all.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to watch them subbed, as some of my friends would be willing to watch them.

I think the problem is that Nihon is the only one that sticks to subbing them. Harorangers subbed like 11 episodes of CarRanger and then stopped. Not just that, but getting episodes to download from other sites is a pain. I had to spend like 35 minutes just trying to download Haro's first several episodes of Car because the links did not work. Not to mention there is no audio when I play them on my PS3 or Blu-Ray player.

I think the problem is that Nihon is the only one that sticks to subbing them

It has been years since they subbed more Changeman, not to mention Zyuranger.
Dairanger is the only show that they are trying to finish at this point.

I think many people who are used to the newer shows, are more negative towards fillers.
And we have to agree that many of the old shows had tons of filler material. There were some extremely good episode arcs, and there were all the filler episodes that made up a good chunk of the series.

Some people are just not used to the old super-hero format. They want an ongoing story with drama that leaves them with a cliff-hanger every second episode.

Though, it seems that there is a growing interest to see the Metal hero shows subbed. I think if someone started doing a Metalder or Janperson project, then it would gain a lot of interest.