Heroes are forever
It's threads like this that make me wish my name was Christian. I'd have a field day.

But on-topic, if being Christian is just believing in God, then I am too.
I'm supposed to be catholic, because I was baptized as such as a baby... but, I don't really practice the religion, and I'd rather have a more open-minded approach to things.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Latterday Saint here or Mormon if you prefer

inb4 Poligamy questions :redface2:

Micchy Did Nothing Wrong
What's with the hate? :redface2: I'm dating a Christian and she and I don't seem to find any issues with it. Heck, we're watching Hillsong when then arrive here for a concert this June.

That's from an anime called To Aru Majutsu no Index, where the Roman Catholics are a bunch of power hungry old men who want to rule the world through religion. I dislike Xtians, I don't hate them.

I just happen to have a bad history with the whole lot.

RISEN DEMON
I always say this. Religion can't save a man, but a relationship can. I view christianity as a relationship between myself and God, but all these guys who are like "IF YOU CALL NOW AND SEND YOUR DONATION OF" annoy me so much...lol

Sorry for the rant guys. So all of the people on this forum that don't like these old people trying to rule the world through propaganda of a book...I agree.

Brave Sound~
It's threads like this that make me wish my name was Christian. I'd have a field day.

I'm supposed to be catholic, because I was baptized as such as a baby... but, I don't really practice the religion, and I'd rather have a more open-minded approach to things.

Pretty much my approach to it. I even went through confirmation in 8th grade and I don't know, I think ever since my gr.12 philosophy course that kinda caused the shift. :laugh:
There's nothing wrong with having beliefs; isn't the basis of religion supposed to simply give people a sense of direction in being a decent human being.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Speaking in a historically/academic/literal sense, with the exception of agnostic religions such as Buddhism, all religions believe in God (or at least believe in the existence of a God or Gods).

In terms of specifically "being Christian," a person is considered Christian if s/he believes that Jesus of Nazareth was The Christ (aka The son of God or The Messiah), who's coming was prophesied in various religious documents/fables/etc. Anyone who believes that Jesus of Nazareth was "The son of God" is a Christian. Anyone who is "not Christian" simply believes that The Messiah/The Christ/The son of God has not yet appeared.

And to think, some people I knew back in University actually thought that course I took in World Religions wouldn't be useful. :)

HEROW
That's from an anime called To Aru Majutsu no Index, where the Roman Catholics are a bunch of power hungry old men who want to rule the world through religion. I dislike Xtians, I don't hate them.

I just happen to have a bad history with the whole lot.

Don't worry, a lot of Roman Catholics like me aren't fond of our religious leaders too. After-all, they're still just humans.

For me, my as long as my faith in God isn't faltering, then I'm okay.

Like a Tiger boss
Idk the movie Dogma comes to mind sometimes with this. Where Chris Rock's character says its a good idea type thing. I don't remember word for word but yeah good idea works for me.

Banned
So i was raised pretty strictly, you know the "Our way is the only one, so it's your duty to convert anyone who doesn't follow the way we do since they are all sinners" style.

As i grew older, this pretty extemeist view increasingly didn't sit well with me. I thought that people should believe whatever they want to. Just because someone thinks God doesn't exists or if they follow a different faith (or even a different branch of Christantiy) doesn't mean that i have to hate them and try to change that, despite what i was told as a kid.

Thats mostly why i'm non-denominational now.