All Main Protagonist in Final Fantasy Games are Sword users

It is a tradition, they should never break the tradition. The main protagonist should always be a swordsman/woman. Swords looks cool, imposing and empowering. It is the Final Fantasy signature that should continue for generations to come. I don't think Cloud Strife will be as popular if he is a boxer like Tifa or gun user like Barret. Do not try to fix what is not broken.

I want a double sword wielder as the next protagonist! All of them use a single sword only so a double sword user will be interesting because it's a refreshing combat mechanic. I am not really a fan of the oversized swords we are having the last few games.

Or maybe we can go futuristic and have a lightsaber. The neon light swords will look very flashy in modern graphics.

As it should be because every single game have a signature sword to represent the hero.

My love is electrifying from above
Also most of them are young from teenage years to early 20s. I never seen a main character over 30.

It is just tradition that they want to follow, I mean Yuna is not a sword user in Final Fantasy 10 but in 10-2 she is.

Its weird that even in the games with futuristic settings, they chose sword.